Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
    Dimentio is simply expressing how he truly feels about people of colour. I see no difference between that free-speech and other free-speech that people get uncomfortable about. Why should it be that that particular form of free-speech is banned?
    I actually agree, but with his freedom to express his racism should come the freedom of others to express disgust with it.

Anarchy, even if Dimentio had never become involved in rating and criticising your quest, I can guarantee you that you would NEVER have had a fanbase within this community. Type B quests have never gained popularity throughout the history of this game - in almost every other game I know of as a matter of fact. Why would yours be any different? Simple fact is that type A players don't like getting their asses handed to them and when they do, they will scream about it and reject it en masse. Your quest does that almost as well as mine.

I remember back to the days Nightmare and his challenge quests - he had tons of complaints about it being too hard. Before Pure got renovated, I remember quite clearly that certain type A players like Ms_Zelda_Lady were hugely critical had to be lectured on why quests were made this way. She was told that Nightmare is a very good player who made quests that he liked. Then came Armageddon Quest and if you do a quick search you'll see type A players like Elise challenging OUCH! to make quests that everyone enjoys. Then Liberation of Hyrule and once again the same thing happened. History repeated itself and the type A players came out with their pitchforks. Then Isle of Rebirth. Granted this was a little delayed because there were 3 cheap nerf modes but eventually it happened - see Lunaria's infamous rating

See the pattern here? If you choose not to follow type A rules then type A will reject your quest and you will have no fanbase other than a tiny minority of type B players. Having easy and super-easy modes won't work either because they are cheap nerfs and type A will see through it eventually. No, if you want acceptance by type A you will spend your precious time making the next Lost Isle. That's the way it is.
    Not a massive one, no. But NOT getting my quests ratings-bombed MAY have attracted a decent niche, I'd have been happy with that.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    I still think you greatly overreacted to the whole situation about your quest over at purezc @Anarchy_Balsac . You should put your quest up here and at pure - let time tell. Sure, Dimentio will 1-star it, but whatever. A few bad ratings aren't going to matter much; there's always the people that come along after those ratings 'bombs' and rate higher to counteract those obvious bad ratings. I've done this a few times myself.

Another thing you should keep in mind is that the general age of members there are much lower than here, so it does kind of make you look more of a jerk than normal if you insult someone or get too defensive.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    The niche type B players know about what's going on and have the wisdom to see past type A rating-bombs especially if they themselves have been subjected to it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    I still think you greatly overreacted to the whole situation about your quest over at purezc @Anarchy_Balsac . You should put your quest up here and at pure - let time tell. Sure, Dimentio will 1-star it, but whatever. A few bad ratings aren't going to matter much; there's always the people that come along after those ratings 'bombs' and rate higher to counteract those obvious bad ratings. I've done this a few times myself.
    I'd have more confidence in that idea, if not for the fact that it was up for 2 years, and no one did. You're right though, in that, had that happened, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Another thing you should keep in mind is that the general age of members there are much lower than here, so it does kind of make you look more of a jerk than normal if you insult someone or get too defensive.
    Noted, but in that case, the admins should be a bit more careful taking people like Dimentio and Shane at their word, and shouldn't have been so dismissive about my concerns. Part of the problem is that the admins backed dimentio, telling me to just deal with the ratings bombing while fully condemning me for doing it back and undoing it without question, it was also part of their ban reason. I suspect after seeing his racist remarks, they may be less inclined to keep their ties with him, but it shouldn't have come to that.

@James24 Maybe, either way, I think I'm moving on to doing more general freeware, kinda wanna make my own Mega Man game. Hell, unlike ZC, there's ZERO risk of a DMCA takedown any time soon.
    Last edited by Anarchy_Balsac; 04-10-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    If you were smart about taking revenge for his rating bombings, you would have waited a while and at least pretended that you had played his quests before 0 staring them. Hell, you could even have created a few clones on your friend's computers and collectively 0-starred them over a long period of time so as not to raise suspicions. But 0 starring in revenge is just asking for them to remove your ratings.

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    Could someone please set the thread title to something like "Anarchy Balsac rant thread"? This new title pisses me off and I want it gone.
    You no likey fun time happy title? Alright. How about this:

They fight, and bite;
    they fight and fight and bite;
    fight, fight, fight;
    bite, bite, bite;
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    If you were smart about taking revenge for his rating bombings, you would have waited a while and at least pretended that you had played his quests before 0 staring them. Hell, you could even have created a few clones on your friend's computers and collectively 0-starred them over a long period of time so as not to raise suspicions. But 0 starring in revenge is just asking for them to remove your ratings.
    I didn't even know there were rules about it, other than about extreme cases like Lunaria. Either way, they should have enforced it against Dimentio as well, instead of pretending it was ok.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    I didn't even know there were rules about it, other than about extreme cases like Lunaria. Either way, they should have enforced it against Dimentio as well, instead of pretending it was ok.
    That's probably equLly true. I have exactly nil participation, and nil influence over staff decisions there; but aye, the age categories between the sites is a clear issue..

Freeware Rockman is no less of an IP issue than ZC...is it? If you use Rockman gfx and mechanics, you merely trade from being up against Nintendo, to being against Capcop (a Nintendo 2nd-party developer).

I am trying to move ZC in a direction that saves it from AM2R's fate.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    That's probably equLly true. I have exactly nil participation, and nil influence over staff decisions there; but aye, the age categories between the sites is a clear issue..

Freeware Rockman is no less of an IP issue than ZC...is it? If you use Rockman gfx and mechanics, you merely trade from being up against Nintendo, to being against Capcop (a Nintendo 2nd-party developer).

I am trying to move ZC in a direction that saves it from AM2R's fate.
    Capcom doesn't DMCA fan games, and in some cases, even actively supports them. Of course, the key words are "Any time soon", Nintendo once took the approach Capcom currently does, so it's hard to call if that will continue to be the case in the long run.

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    What the heck is Freeware Rockman? Google doesn't seem to know...

Thread Information