Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
    Careful Dimentio, you are starting to sound more and more like a type A player with your focus on graphics. To be honest, it would make very little difference to me if Armageddon used the original NES tileset. And if OUCH! had gone for a very small overworld with almost no exploration needed that would be fine with me too. Only type A players are affected by things like that and if you're not going to try and woo them over then why bother? You know how much quest-making time it saves by having just a small overworld like LoH:IE??
    No, don't get m wrong, I love the classic tileset when it's used well. The classic tile has a charm when used in modern-day quests that just brings a certain giddiness to me.

The problem is this quest is calling itself Zelda 3, yet makes 0 improvements over it's two predecessors. There are romhacks and even quests out here more fitting of the title of "Zelda 3 if LttP isn't Zelda 3". Link and Zelda, for example, while it is incredibly easy, felt more like Zelda 3 than whatever this... abomination is. This quest has everything a terrible quest needs: random pseudokaizo enemy placement (pseudokaizo, because Kaizo implies clever enemy placement for difficulty, this just spams everything + the kitchen sink). Zelda 1 and 2 weren't kaizo. They were unforgiving, yes, but once you figured them out they weren't unfair. This quest just feels like the creator played Zelda 2 and sucked at it, and decided "since Nintendo made a bullshit game, I'mma make one too!" (protip: they made a wonderful but underappreciated game).

Unrelated James, but you're a fan of the first Zelda and it's difficulty, yes? You should try out a collab 1st quest remake I'm making with FireSeraphim called Hyrule Fantasy. It tries to follow the spirit of Zelda 1's difficulty and can be pretty brutal, *especially* once you reach the infamous level 6 >: D
    You can find a beta containing the first 6 dungeons on Pure in the 2017 expo if you wish to try it.
    Last edited by Dimentio; 02-09-2018 at 02:40 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    The problem is this quest is calling itself Zelda 3, yet makes 0 improvements over it's two predecessors. There are romhacks and even quests out here more fitting of the title of "Zelda 3 if LttP isn't Zelda 3". Link and Zelda, for example, while it is incredibly easy, felt more like Zelda 3 than whatever this... abomination is. This quest has everything a terrible quest needs: random pseudokaizo enemy placement (pseudokaizo, because Kaizo implies clever enemy placement for difficulty, this just spams everything + the kitchen sink). Zelda 1 and 2 weren't kaizo. They were unforgiving, yes, but once you figured them out they weren't unfair. This quest just feels like the creator played Zelda 2 and sucked at it, and decided "since Nintendo made a bullshit game, I'mma make one too!" (protip: they made a wonderful but underappreciated game).
    Firstly:

-WindWaker/BotW/Handhelds

All "sequels" by your twisted definition, yet steps backward graphically. There were pragmatic reasons for this, yes, my Z3 quest had one as well, in that someone who's going to make a dumbshit BigAl style criticism

(ie. "I likes me 8-bit retro graphics, but like, update them, because ummm, BECAUSE")

Is not worth my time satisfying. Secondly:

-Zelda 2 was NOT hard

I know you are deliberately being thick here, but no one who is old enough to remember that era would find Zelda 2 a challenge. It is primarily infamous for its difficulty because it was harder than Z1, which isn't saying much, and because of newer generations of gamers going back to play it. If I was REALLY that unskilled, I could NEVER pull off something like this:

You seem to be upset my quest kicked your ass. Or maybe you have a grudge against me because of some old drama that I've made my peace with everyone else about? Either way, it seems you have nothing constructive to say.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%
    Okay, @Dimentio and @James24 , let's bring things back on topic. If you would care to debate the finer points of quest design, make a separate topic for it. This thread is for Anarchy_Balsac's LP.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Banned
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%
    Whoa, that's a great fight against that gohma. Whoever made that fight must have a real poor sense of design, but I'm glad you managed to beat that really bullshit fight. Speaking of which, nice void dungeon, like the splitting darknuts, nice touch.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    I fail to see how we're not on topic Chris, this topic is about Anarchy's videos, I watched his videos and I am saying what I think of those videos. I know things are getting a bit heated and I wish it wouldn't be this way - but that's how it is with challenge quests. They always cause conflicts.

Dimentio, I really have to disagree with you on this one. The name of a quest matters very little - its the contents that matter. And as for 0 improvements, that's 0 improvements in your view. I think the kaizo difficulty is a huge improvement. The balance for level 1 is perfect for a player who likes very hard difficulty. There are other things that hold the quest back though and they aren't related to difficulty - arbitrary secrets and grinding. But if Anarchy wished to open up his quest it wouldn't be a big deal to fix.

And as for the collaborative effort - if I think it has the beginnings of a great type B quest then I'll be happy to help.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%
    I fail to see how we're not on topic Chris, this topic is about Anarchy's videos, I watched his videos and I am saying what I think of those videos. I know things are getting a bit heated and I wish it wouldn't be this way - but that's how it is with challenge quests. They always cause conflicts.
    Once again, if you wish to debate the finer points of quest design(as you immediately resumed doing in the next quote), take it to another thread.

Dimentio, I really have to disagree with you on this one. The name of a quest matters very little - its the contents that matter. And as for 0 improvements, that's 0 improvements in your view. I think the kaizo difficulty is a huge improvement. The balance for level 1 is perfect for a player who likes very hard difficulty. There are other things that hold the quest back though and they aren't related to difficulty - arbitrary secrets and grinding. But if Anarchy wished to open up his quest it wouldn't be a big deal to fix.

And as for the collaborative effort - if I think it has the beginnings of a great type B quest then I'll be happy to help.

Taking it elsewhere would make me happy. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll just stand over here, being happy.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    Firstly:

-WindWaker/BotW/Handhelds

All "sequels" by your twisted definition, yet steps backward graphically. There were pragmatic reasons for this, yes, my Z3 quest had one as well, in that someone who's going to make a dumbshit BigAl style criticism

(ie. "I likes me 8-bit retro graphics, but like, update them, because ummm, BECAUSE")

Is not worth my time satisfying. Secondly:

-Zelda 2 was NOT hard

I know you are deliberately being thick here, but no one who is old enough to remember that era would find Zelda 2 a challenge. It is primarily infamous for its difficulty because it was harder than Z1, which isn't saying much, and because of newer generations of gamers going back to play it. If I was REALLY that unskilled, I could NEVER pull off something like this:

You seem to be upset my quest kicked your ass. Or maybe you have a grudge against me because of some old drama that I've made my peace with everyone else about? Either way, it seems you have nothing constructive to say.
    That was interesting. By 'one hit', do you mean that even with the Black Ring and all of those hearts, it'll one-shot Link?

120 arrows used. I didn't track how many hit true. How many did that Gohma take?

Anyway, that was fun. I might try it some day, when I have time to play quests.

I'll probably watch the full LP, when you complete it.

P.S. Please post alink to the playlist.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    That was interesting. By 'one hit', do you mean that even with the Black Ring and all of those hearts, it'll one-shot Link?

120 arrows used. I didn't track how many hit true. How many did that Gohma take?

Correct, as will the lava tiles, and it takes 24 hits, I'll post a link to a thread where a full playthrough was posted, but the boss segment is by far the most insteresting.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post

Couldn't find the topic, but here's the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=das9...vndQQEp6v47bym

Anyway, Level 11:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent