Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.28%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Yes, absolutely. That's the latest version. I'm always going to upgrade it to the latest Revision Candidate. I've got all four cheats in there, (The first one is a bold army request for help. One of them is a cheat from Starcraft.) because I know it'll get pretty hard. I'm also thinking of adding new 2.5 content in, but I really feel like I ought to seek C-Dawg's permission first. I'm not doing it for fun here or anything. The tileset is insanely addled and mixed up, and combo #0 is a grass combo. I'm sure you can figure out what kind of hell that wreaks with layering.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%
    ST, please consider asking the QDB guys (http://armageddongames.net/forumdisp...te-Development) to upload the updated quest.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.28%
    Sounds good. Although I have no bug testers other than the quest players themselves, any bug-fixes are better than none. Righteo.

Do you think they could accept two versions at once? I've spent a year and a half on and off on this thing, but it's still all his work. I doubt anyone will use the original version at this point. It's only upgrades from here on in.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%
    The original version doesn't even play correctly on the version listed (b184) so I would say replace it with the updated version. Are you in touch with C-dawg, and can you secure his permission?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.28%
    I know his brother on Facebook. I'll see what I can do. Probably better than my results uploading the other version which I posted. That didn't end well at all.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    The original version doesn't even play correctly on the version listed (b184) so I would say replace it with the updated version. Are you in touch with C-dawg, and can you secure his permission?
    The version in the database will play and be winnable with beta 152 only. It has many bugs that need to be worked around but it is winnable in beta 152 and in my opinion worth the effort. Shadow Tiger’s hard work in the latest beta eliminates a great many of the bugs. It also is a fun romp. However it has a slightly different feel to it than the original. I would suggest that you keep both in the database and include the beta 152 engine in the download section, because if you want to get the full flavor of C-Dawg’s DoY you would need to play the original. Having said that let me say that Shadow Tiger’s version is an amazing piece of work and is definitely a high quality quest that also provides many hours of great entertainment. It should also be in the database!

Have you tried 'Time After" by Mudvayne?

Enjoy the Day!
    Thanks - Joe

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The version in the database will play and be winnable with beta 152 only. It has many bugs that need to be worked around but it is winnable in beta 152 and in my opinion worth the effort. Shadow Tiger’s hard work in the latest beta eliminates a great many of the bugs. It also is a fun romp. However it has a slightly different feel to it than the original. I would suggest that you keep both in the database and include the beta 152 engine in the download section, because if you want to get the full flavor of C-Dawg’s DoY you would need to play the original. Having said that let me say that Shadow Tiger’s version is an amazing piece of work and is definitely a high quality quest that also provides many hours of great entertainment. It should also be in the database!

Have you tried 'Time After" by Mudvayne?

Enjoy the Day!
    Thanks - Joe
    What are the main changes ST made, besides fixing bugs?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    What are the main changes ST made, besides fixing bugs?
    Of course Shadow Tiger could answer this to a greater degree than I can. Let me just say that the fighting in many cases is easier; there are areas easier to maneuver through because certain dangers have been reduced or eliminated. Also at least one area had to be rendered inconsequential because of the warp workaround needed to solve the compatibility problem of updating from beta 152 to the latest betas. And there are some other things. It’s enough, for me, to change the flavor of the quest. But like I said, Shadow Tiger’s work is outstanding and I think you should consider including both in the database.

Enjoy the Day!
    Thanks - Joe

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%
    It used to be harder? And it has already taken me 200 lives to beat just the first three nightmares...

Thread Information