3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.48%
    Thanks man, I appreciate it a lot :) Whenever I ask myself if spending time making a quest was worth it, these kinds of reactions are exactly the ones that make me think "yes".

The song of storms puzzle really divides opinions, with reviewers alternately mentioning it as a low point or high point of the quest.

Regarding you being unwell, hope you get better soon!

I'm PMing you the heart piece list.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.48%
    Im down to my last heart piece now.

Having trouble locating it despite the list.

Can you remind me which room the heart piece in the Unicorn cave can be found?

Also, the 3A heart piece is confusing. Not sure if ive got that one or not.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Started your quest. I'm not very far but it is very enjoyable. Many quests I start I never finish because of many sources of frustration. Haven't found one in yours yet.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    Started your quest. I'm not very far but it is very enjoyable. Many quests I start I never finish because of many sources of frustration. Haven't found one in yours yet.
    You don't know what you've let yourself in for.... Mwahahahahahahaaaaa!

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.49%
    Hi Jamian, I just finished the entire game (all heart pieces collected, all items collected I think) and have some feedback for you!

The game was amazingly fun, this is my first custom quest played and it was challenging (257 deaths, 26 hours of playtime) without any guides.

One thing I would like to point out, the places that require a longshot can be passed without a longshot. It's possible to at least skip level 7 completely (of course the triforce is needed). This also makes getting the long shot extremely easy. It's a combination of using the leaf and hookshot to cross gaps.

Some other feedback is to give hints at where the fire boomerang and mirror shield is at. I felt most of the game was pretty straight forward (and I must of gotten lucky figuring some things out) except I went through almost the entire realm past and present looking for them until I finally found them (then it made sense where they were at).

I don't know if it's been fixed in later versions, but on 1.2 there were some rooms where you had to walk across the floor and in order to access the next room you had to hit all of them (or get stuck). Pressing Z reset my location back to the entrance.

Last thing, after starting my game today, I had "A" amount of red bombs (which I assumed was 10 for hexidecimal). The most recent thing I did was get the Skeleton Key, so that may have been the culprit.

It would be nice to be able to replay the game with all of the items, is it possible to get a modified game to initialize the character with everything awesome? I say this because 257 deaths is a lot, I would have so much satisfaction playing through the game without dying so many times.

Have a nice day.

---

Everything was amazing, a lot of the dungeons were tons of fun and pretty awesome! For example, the classic realm and ghost cave. Have you ever played Earthbound? I would recommend changing the sewer music to the Earthbound sewer music. Play Earthbound, it's so damn amazing.
    Last edited by Mathematician; 04-17-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.48%
    Hi and thanks for your comments!

Whew, that hookshot bug is a real problem. I'm not sure what I can do to fix it though... I'll try and think of a solution for the next update, if I can.

The Z thing is actually a feature of that script, I'll change the message saying you can use that (instead of requiring Farore's Wind).

"A" is normally the character that indicates you have an infinite supply of something, which makes sense for keys once you get the master key, but it's not supposed to do that for bombs... I have no idea what could have caused it. What happens if you use a super bomb then, does that decrease your counter?

I'll PM you the level 1 cheat so you can have infinite energy. I may actually give it away in an update, for players who beat the game after having found everything. If you do play through it again, I recommend updating to the latest version (the link is given in the first post of the thread).

And yep, I've played Earthbound, great game I agree :)
    Last edited by Jamian; 04-17-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.48%
    Jamian, I think the heart piece Im missing is the one in the unicorn cave.

I never found the map, and am not sure where the heart piece was.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.48%
    Ok, it's in a secret passage found in the room right before the boss.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.49%
    Awesome!

To skip over the gaps without the longshot, it requires near exact precision. It took me about 30-40 times on average to actually do it. If it's possible to make the spacing's one space farther, it would not be possible to cross (however I notice if you make them one space farther apart you would have to worry about some other things).

For the red bombs, while the counter does say A, it's definitely not infinite. When I use them all up, it still say's A. It may be a bug in the quest-maker and out of your hands

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamian View Post
    Ok, it's in a secret passage found in the room right before the boss.
    Thanks so much man! That was the piece I was missing!

Ive fully completed the quest now with only 106 deaths throughout!

This one's easily as good as stranded, if not better!

When's your next quest gonna be out?

I wouldn't mind doing a let's play of this quest again myself, what software is used for capturing videos?
    Last edited by Joki81; 04-17-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Thread Information