55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%
    - IRC trivia, duh - Check out Triforce Quest. It has its own forum. Also, IRC still happens. Look for the server information at the top of the News and Announcements forum.
    - general bitching - The Veldt now, mostly unused, kind of pointless.
    - ask a dominatrix - Weird sex stuff.
    - fatcatfan, carrotred (did she die?), other weird christians who sometimes posted weird sex stuff - Fcf is mia, carrotred passed away, I was a Christian but now I'm not so sure.
    - jigglysaint, wtf? - Apparently still hangs out in the rom hacking scene, weird mormon who had a sexual attraction to a handicapped girl half his age.
    - general bitching - Quit drinking, you're drunk.
    - me being the town bicycle - Never got a ride, it's not too late.
    - everyone's Internet Atheism - Why did people get offended by this? I know exactly what you mean.
    - zcn - Died quickly. Glenn and a few others tried to make it the home of ZC, WL said no.
    - daarkseid (dead?) - Last seen February 2012, one of the few remaining oldbies that still hasn't checked in. I'll email him.
    - kenage - Remember the name, don't remember the stories. Google turns up a couple stupid things.
    - ASWGL / asswiggle (what did this stand for) - Ask someone who gets laid, ask a dominatrix successor.
    - TSA's retarded fake profile drama - Posts were pruined when he almost reached 10,000, went on a posting spree to get them back up there, for 10,000 posted that he was really three people doing some kind of internet experiment for the lulz. loljk, left to run communities zelda headquarters, the hylia, and now gemakei(which was originally zentendo.)
    - alexmax - Albino, dropped in to offer to attempt to port ZC, disappeared with the source code.
    - breaker - Still hangs out in the AGN Facebook group.
    - why the heck did I even have that avatar? - What avatar?

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    Only thing I remember about TSA was how he wanted some award or something years back for having the best themed profile? TheSilentAssassin, with a Solid Snake avatar. I mean, it was 10+ years ago, so it was probably really bitchin' back then...

Am I the only one here who remembers Cyclone? What happened to Shadowblazer? And J.J.Maxx and Foxy? (Foxxy?) Besides having a kid and all. Is Warlock still around, since I always confused him with War Lord. Where the fuck is Darth Chronic? Kioshi? Me2? Who had the 3D Homer Simpson avatar with the "twisty little passages, all alike" quote in their signature? Wtf guys? I'm freaking out right now.

[edit]And KJAZZ, 167 listeners can't be wrong. LOL We need to get Masamune posting on here instead of facebook as much also.[/edit]

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.64%
    I always comment on Masa's posts on Facebook. I'm not sure his friends think I'm a troll or just a dick.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.51%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    "Internet Atheism" is probably referring to the tendency for some people on the internet to think that not believing in a deity makes them a high intellect, often ranking themselves superior to anyone who has any religious beliefs.
    Thanks for the clarification! Luckily it is my vast reservoir of knowledge and fabulous reasoning skills rather than my belief in deities that makes me a high intellect. In the interest of maintaining the warm & fuzzy promenade down memory lane, I shall reiterate SUCCESSOR's fine observation:
    Also what you think of as "Internet Atheist" is probably the most offensive thing in this post.
    So to fill in a few blanks: Kenage was finally expelled to sockpuppet hell. JJ and Foxxy got divorced. Daarkie was not doing well last winter with no news (to my knowledge) since the beginning of the year... if anyone can touch base with him, it would be appreciated. I keep Breaker close to satisfy my baser needs and desires.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by Majora View Post
    Atheism is just that: atheism. There's nothing extra tacked onto it. Atheism is simply "lacking a belief in god(s)".
    Again, and I already mentioned this before, I had a dictionary in my house that was 3 times older than me, and it defined anything that exists as being alive. If anything that exists and/or is is alive, then in conjunction with that idea someone could say that by definition that anything that exists is "life" by definition.

The Bible states at some point that "God is life."

Therefor people who say they believe in atheism are basically saying that they don't believe in words having definitions, which would be a derivative of many possible factors, which might include, but are not limited to:
    A) Lack of education or comprehension.
    B) Wanton rebellion against the facts they were presented, nominally, and are saying so.
    C) The actual desire to somehow verbalize that what they prefer would be that there is no God, which might include:
    i)They are suicidal and unappreciative of their own life and circumstance.
    ii)They are sociopaths, and do not actually care for other's well being and/or existence either.
    iii)They actually can't even understand that they exist in the first place, being blind, deaf, yet not dumb about their own being.

So to me, personally, I would knock that down another notch altogether and say that atheism is just that, atheism: A word that by definition is self-defeatist, and actually carries no meaning whatsoever.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%
    The bible also states that bats are birds so I would think twice before taking anything it says seriously. See? you could've saved yourself some time by just thinking a little. The dictionary's age has nothing to do with anything other than being outdated on the basis that language changes over time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.51%
    Words are a construct of human imagination and not innate to existence. Without Galileo, the planets would still orbit around the sun and without Diagoras, there would still be atheists. Without some archaic dictionary, The Bible would still be a rather contradictory collection of folk stories and old wives' tales made up by humans.

Now, dear Zim, if you wish to see how well your argument would stand up to serious scrutiny, go ahead and start a thread in The Veldt and I shall join you. I suggest something along the lines of defining "existence" as that will be the first obstacle your poorly composed assertions will have to face. Difficulty: The Bible is not a reputable citation.

Meet the new AGN, same as the old AGN.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    Words are a construct of human imagination and not innate to existence. Without Galileo, the planets would still orbit around the sun and without Diagoras, there would still be atheists. Without some archaic dictionary, The Bible would still be a rather contradictory collection of folk stories and old wives' tales made up by humans.

Now, dear Zim, if you wish to see how well your argument would stand up to serious scrutiny, go ahead and start a thread in The Veldt and I shall join you. I suggest something along the lines of defining "existence" as that will be the first obstacle your poorly composed assertions will have to face. Difficulty: The Bible is not a reputable citation.

Meet the new AGN, same as the old AGN.
    Okay, okay.

Albeit that I understand that definitions may change over time, etc. et. al. I am and was only informing you guys and gals that the dictionary did define those terms as what I stated that it did, and therefor what I said isn't an argument, it's merely a colloquial set of terminology.

Keese
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.77%
    ---
    Last edited by Liliith; 10-04-2023 at 12:32 AM.

Thread Information