35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    That's an odd choice. I would have bet on yet another OoT remake.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    It does look beautiful but I must say I am disappointed. I love Wind Waker and all but I was really hoping for a Majora's Mask HD remake. If it was MM I would probably jumped on the list "Shut up and take my money!" but with WW I'm another, "ah, maybe someday."

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    Finally, Wind Waker, one of the most underrated Zelda games gets some attention it deserves! Although I look forward to it on the Wii U, I'm not digging the graphics too much, but I think I need to let them sink in a bit more.

Who else lol'd when they decided to remake Wind Waker after Nintendo was considering/people demanded a aLttP remake and a MM remake? Also, Ventus we are getting a new Zelda game. The purpose of this is so that we can enjoy this while we wait for that Zelda to be developed.

EDIT: I'm sorry if someone already pointed this out but did anyone notice Nintendo changed the colour scheme of Link's tunic from light-green sleeves to yellow-brown, also did the belt change from brown to black? Also Link's eyebrows are not over his hair, so many changes. XD
    See this shot to see what I'm talking about: http://www.gamereactor.no/media/23/zelda_682311b.jpg now compare with the old WW Link http://blog.gadgethelpline.com/wp-co...d-Waker-HD.jpg
    Last edited by Shane; 01-25-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.94%
    @Shane : I've also noticed the changes in art style. While it still does appear to be cel-shaded, it's more .hack//GU than The Wind Waker. The remake isn't nearly as flat and cartoon-like as the original. There's too much bloom and the shadows are too soft.

Really, though, for any complaints this game has, most are about the small number of dungeons the tediousness of finding the Triforce pieces. If the remake delivers, it ought to solve both of those problems. Here's hoping, of course, but if Nintendo fails on delivering an actual directors cut, opting instead on a boring HD makeover, I've got an original copy of Wind Waker I think looks better.

Long story short, the only way I'll buy this HD remake is if more content is added. Otherwise, it's not worth buying at retail price; Wind Waker is a given on Wii U virtual console at some point anyway, why pay more for just a coat of paint? I really hope Nintendo has bigger plans for console re-releases, though if OoT 3D is an indication, I'm in for disappointment.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    I think if they would have just done a simple HD remake much like Sony has done with PS2 games, it would be glorious. The cel shaded graphics still hold up today and all they really need is to be reformatted and "re-resolutioned" to fit an HD screen.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    The Wind Waker was originally supposed to have more levels, one for each Triforce Piece, all these levels were supposed to be under the water. Perhaps they may follow this route, but I doubt it.

Now, I better check my facts to confirm what I just said is in fact correct.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Ventus we are getting a new Zelda game. The purpose of this is so that we can enjoy this while we wait for that Zelda to be developed.
    Well, if we are getting a new game I guess a game that everyone has played will hold everyone over till the one we haven't played yet to be made.
    Which I have a feeling that the new game will not come out until the end of the Wii U's Life. like skyward sword.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.1%
    It's obvious to me why they went with Wind Waker to do a remake of: graphically, improving a cel-shaded game is a straight-forward face-lift compared to what they'd have to do to bring a game like Majora's Mask up to modern standards. An HD remake of that game would be a massive undertaking for the graphics and animation teams.

I rank Wind Waker pretty low on the totem pole of Zelda games, but it wouldn't be so bad if they added more dungeons, shrank the size of the ocean, and did away with the tedious triforce-piece fishing (which is always where I lose interest and quit any time I replay this game.)

Shattered Earth, coming soon!

Mappers needed. If you want to help, send a PM to MasterSwordUltima.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Yup, the Triforce piece fishing was a huge let down. By the time we got to that point of the game, we had very few hearts because most of the heart piece containers were at sea, than we see we gotta find shards of the Triforce which we instantly thought it was homage to Zelda 1 and we were to prepare for a much larger quest, only to learn that this fishing quest was a way to add hours of gameplay, with little technical effort by the designers, it was a cheap addition to the game, and robs us the expectations the game itself pushes on us.

Much like collecting the Choso Artifacts in Metroid Prime, but much more tedious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.35%
    Quote Originally Posted by NewJourneysFire View Post
    Much like collecting the Choso Artifacts in Metroid Prime, but much more tedious.
    I never finished Metroid Prime because of this.

While I do agree that collecting the triforce pieces is annoying, especially considering the process you have to go through, I always looked at it as a time to collect heart pieces and other crap that I hadn't already gotten.

Thread Information