17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    This system will be released on my son's first bday. :)

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.48%
    I'm not getting the Wii U when its released. I just don't have the funds :|

I might get it in a few years when a new Zelda game come's out, But until then my Xbox360 keeps me entertained :3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    How do Wii-U plan on making multiplayer games when the controllers seem just as expensive as the system?

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    The way I heard it, the 'screen' controller is specifically for the first player. Other players contribute to the game by using WiiMotes, or possibly 'pro' controllers that don't include the touchscreen.

I'm still angry at Nintendo, though, so I don't think I'll be taking part in their new system.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.03%
    Gonna go try it out at Best Buy tonight. Especially interested in Zombii U and NSMB(since it appears to be a lot more like Super Mario World.)

I'm sure Rayman will be excellent also.

I play like...a game a year nowadays. I stopped playing religiously during the N64. So I can't justify buying a Wii U until it's hacked, until Zelda comes out, or until I catch up on my back catalog which won't happen for 30 years unless I win the lottery.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.59%
    I probably won't get one right away. I may pick one up when they're much cheaper. They're backward compatible with Wii games, right? I hope so, because I still want to play Skyward Sword one of these days. Nintendo just doesn't really interest me anymore. I love their old stuff, but I just don't really care to play anything that they release these days. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to jump from consoles to PC gaming.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.92%
    I tried one at the local game store, and I'm still not sold on the concept. Using the 'screen controller' behaves just like tablet or phone gaming so far, and having that plugged into your tv seems useless. I'm going to skip the launch and wait until I see something that makes better use of the new features. Or 'till Zelda U comes out, obviously.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    The way I heard it, the 'screen' controller is specifically for the first player. Other players contribute to the game by using WiiMotes, or possibly 'pro' controllers that don't include the touchscreen.

I'm still angry at Nintendo, though, so I don't think I'll be taking part in their new system.
    I don't want to start a debate, but I believe Nintendo hatred is unnecessary. Many Nintendo fans always seem to ask "Why don't Nintendo just do what X-Box and Playstatiom does?". Than I just always wonder in response "Why don't you just buy a Playstation or X-Box?"

Whatever the case, I love how Nintendo thinks outside of the box, and even though their intuitive ideas seem to not live up to their competition in the long haul, I find Nintendo's systems still the most enjoyable to read about. I will play my Playstatiom over my Nintendo any day, but I always am very interested in what Nintendo is doing next. I couldn't care less what the PS4 will be like. Chances are it will be a better PS3.

In the 80s and 90s,Nintendo always had an edge above Sega because it had better games
    In the past decade, Sony and X-Box always had the edge above Nintendo, because of better games

But now today, it seems like the leading systems having nothing to really catch my eye but the games, what seems to be happening here is that the leading systems are now slaves to the third party companies that kept them on top. Being completely dependent on 3rd party companies can't be a good thing.

Nintendo today seems to have finally broke the (it's all about great games), and instead are focusing on making entertaining electronics, not video games.

This decision to stray from conventional gaming is in my opinion the most interesting thing about Nintendo. If you're worried that Nintendo is simply making toys, than you got good reason to worry, that's exactly what they are doing. But your worries are biased towards standard gaming, I predict that Nintendo is taking a leap in creating a brand new form of entertainment that is slowly evolving into today's possible virtual reality experience.

When the focus is creating a brand new form of entertainment, the best games aren't always needed and quite distracting, the best games are what ps3 and x-box is for. Nintendo knows all it needs is a decent collection of games which will compliment the hardware, and than continue what they are doing.

Also, Nintendo are excellent money makers. I can't think of any other company in the world that makes billions off plastic cheap looking toys. Very smart company.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.03%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I probably won't get one right away. I may pick one up when they're much cheaper. They're backward compatible with Wii games, right? I hope so, because I still want to play Skyward Sword one of these days. Nintendo just doesn't really interest me anymore. I love their old stuff, but I just don't really care to play anything that they release these days. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to jump from consoles to PC gaming.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyvol View Post
    I tried one at the local game store, and I'm still not sold on the concept. Using the 'screen controller' behaves just like tablet or phone gaming so far, and having that plugged into your tv seems useless. I'm going to skip the launch and wait until I see something that makes better use of the new features. Or 'till Zelda U comes out, obviously.
    ZombiiU. It won't be plugged into your TV. The ability to walk away from the TV or watch TV simultaneously sustains it as a living room device, instead of the kids room--continuing the family wide entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by NewJourneysFire View Post
    things
    He's mad at Nintendo for not rereleasing Majoras Mask yet. -_-'

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent