vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.52%

Disable Subscreen Item Selection

https://youtu.be/QKF8mC9g-t8

I have a request for a future release of ZC/ZQuest:
    Disable the item selection completely on the subscreen.

In my video I am showing how I re-implemented the quick-selection menus from my DoM quest into my new quest with scrolling screens.
    The problem is, as I didn't just save the item data and make an array that accesses the items and sets them myself, I used the
    if(Link->PressUp){Link->SelectAWeapon(0);}
    if(Link->PressDown){Link->SelectAWeapon(1);}
    if(Link->PressLeft){Link->SelectAWeapon(2);}
    if(Link->PressRight){Link->SelectAWeapon(3);}
    and SelectBWeapon codes to set the weapon. The problem there is that those functions rely on whether the items are on the subscreen or not, and what the positions and selection variables are from there, which automatically enables the subscreen item select on the subscreen.
    I want my subscreen to be completely blank and just say 'Game Paused.'

Also, streamlined the save and load combodata of entire map functions so they happen with no slowdown in ZC and stays at 60fps.

I realize that I could just write up an array to Get/Set the item equipment via those functions but if I could disable item selection on the subscreen but use the subscreen editor to set the position, and which item is selected with each direction on the d-pad there I wouldn't need to rewrite the code every time I change the available items in my quest.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Downloader View Post
    https://youtu.be/QKF8mC9g-t8

I have a request for a future release of ZC/ZQuest:
    Disable the item selection completely on the subscreen.

In my video I am showing how I re-implemented the quick-selection menus from my DoM quest into my new quest with scrolling screens.
    The problem is, as I didn't just save the item data and make an array that accesses the items and sets them myself, I used the
    if(Link->PressUp){Link->SelectAWeapon(0);}
    if(Link->PressDown){Link->SelectAWeapon(1);}
    if(Link->PressLeft){Link->SelectAWeapon(2);}
    if(Link->PressRight){Link->SelectAWeapon(3);}
    and SelectBWeapon codes to set the weapon. The problem there is that those functions rely on whether the items are on the subscreen or not, and what the positions and selection variables are from there, which automatically enables the subscreen item select on the subscreen.
    I want my subscreen to be completely blank and just say 'Game Paused.'

Also, streamlined the save and load combodata of entire map functions so they happen with no slowdown in ZC and stays at 60fps.

I realize that I could just write up an array to Get/Set the item equipment via those functions but if I could disable item selection on the subscreen but use the subscreen editor to set the position, and which item is selected with each direction on the d-pad there I wouldn't need to rewrite the code every time I change the available items in my quest.

2.54 has Link->SetItemSlot(int item_id, int slot, int flags).

It also has bool DisableActiveSubscreen , so, you can simply disable the internal subscreen, use the SetItemSlot() function, and draw your own pause screen.

P.S. Link->Press*, and similar input functions are now available as an array, Input->Press[], and other arrays under the Input pointer.

Thread Information