User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your favourite meat?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beef

3 27.27%
  • Pork

1 9.09%
  • Chicken

3 27.27%
  • Lamb/Mutton

0 0%
  • Goat

0 0%
  • Seafood

4 36.36%
  • Game

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How can you have any pudding...?

Keese
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.24%
    ---
    Last edited by Liliith; 10-04-2023 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliith View Post
    mega opposite. I try to avoid dairy unless I can deal with a dairy hangover. red meat, pork and egg yolks I am trying to toss except for dat monthly burg. but everything else...need.

I also get a hangover from white pasta, white bread, and beer, so I avoid those too. not really sure what the prob is, I eat brown pasta, bread and rice all the time.
    Sounds like blood sugar and lactose intolerance. White bread and white rice are trash.

I love dairy and burgers. I am 90% sure I shouldn't eat dairy (or gluten) but dat shit be tasty. It's not usually a big enough concern anyway. Yes, vegetarian and vegan are healthy diets but there are worse things for you than a dead cow that are completely vegan. It doesn't help that there is shitload of misinformation on nutrition out there.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.72%
    All meats for me, sans seafood - on account of I'm allergic to shellfish. Ribs are the tastiest. :)

Oh and Beldaran, you can't tell me what to do.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%
    I prefer seafood and turkey. I'll eat whatever really, but sometimes I just don't feel like eating certain foods.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.54%
    This thread is not about pudding at all! Why use the word "any" for anything, really, that is sick!

Brains.

JK.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%
    SUCCESSOR could be right about lactose-intolerance. It can be hard to pinpoint because other foods you eat will determine how difficult it is to digest milk/milk products each time. It is somewhat cummulative so you may be fine consuming four ounces of cheese one day in the middle of a dairy-free week while three ounces of cheese, three days in a row, may leave you feeling icky by that third day. Not all cheeses are created equal and aged cheeses (think hard, like parmesan) and active, fresh cheeses (containing active 'biotics) can be easier to digest than new, firm cheeses like muenster because they have their own digestion helpers. That said, I am not above pigging out on a bowl of ice cream once in a while knowing full well that the macaroni & cheese or creamy potato soup from the night before will mean guaranteed headache.

High fructose corn syrup could also be a culprit and that sh*te is in everything. It took me a while to figure out it was making me feel ill, in spite of avoiding an increasing list of foods during that time, as it manifests effects similar to too much lactose for me: stuffy headache and queasy stomach only the headache is worse than from lactose. Unlike lactose, I cannot even cheat a little with HFCS else I feel like crap for hours. K., who thought it was all in my head for a couple of years, finally tested the theory and found that it was the cause of his chronic headaches. Side note to that, in spite of maintaining the same level of soda consumption (a lot), he actually dropped about ten pounds just by cutting out HFCS. Yay, to Mt. Dew Throwback.

Zim, this might resolve any issues you have with this thread. It may also spawn some new issues regarding pudding.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%
    It was a toss up between chicken and seafood for me. Chicken is my favorite meat to eat on a regular basis, but since my favorite meal contains crawfish, I'll go with seafood.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.14%
    I'm pretty much a fan of all meats, but nothing beats a good steak for me. Probably not the healthiest thing in the world, though. I also love me some crab legs when I can get them. It actually kind of concerns me how much I like crab legs - it's not just the meat, it's the ripping the legs up to get to the meat. Like, here I am, like some monster, relishing in tearing this creature apart to get to its tasty bits. It's funny, because for that exact same reason, I get weirded out by shrimp. I don't dislike shrimp, but I always feel slightly uncomfortable peeling off the shells, because I'm reminded I'm peeling apart an animal. Weird double standards, I know.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.52%
    Cow. They're so cute and docile, just begging to be slaughtered and roasted over open flames.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.14%
    Quote Originally Posted by firebug View Post
    Cow. They're so cute and docile, just begging to be slaughtered and roasted over open flames.
    Is your name Matthew? I remember a guy named Matt back in college who once gave a long-winded speech about how cows were so utterly incompetent that they deserved to be slaughtered and eaten. He almost insisted that we have cow with every meal just to make sure that cows were put in their place.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Thread Information