259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%
    ZC will run on any craptop. Maybe you can borrow one from someone?

Also, been trying to get recording to work. So far it's been shitty to say the least. Figured I'd do a play through the 3rd quest during this process. Finished LV1 so far. (Got wallmastered lol... and almost died from a red octorok! - losing frames and using the shitty logitech analog stick 'till I get my adapter back makes for stupid moments.)

Possible worlds shittiest LP coming soon!
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    ZC will run on any craptop. Maybe you can borrow one from someone?

Also, been trying to get recording to work. So far it's been shitty to say the least. Figured I'd do a play through the 3rd quest during this process. Finished LV1 so far. (Got wallmastered lol... and almost died from a red octorok! - losing frames and using the shitty logitech analog stick 'till I get my adapter back makes for stupid moments.)

Possible worlds shittiest LP coming soon!
    I tried recording some ZC a while back. It was terrible. Some software for one of those liveplay sites apparently works well I forgot who I take to about it. Either Moosh or TS.

Yeah, I have a 2004 Compaq Presario. It doesn't exactly run great. If I am doing nothing else ZC and ZQ run fine.

I died from a red octorok. I am not proud of it. I was running around the overworld like a chicken without a head looking for level 1.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    Finally beat 3rd quest. Dungeon 9 was hell in a bottle; I ended up using ZQuest and Example 3rd to plot out courses to the key items and the boss.
    ...I know that's technically cheating, but at 99 deaths I just wanted the quest to be over.

I'll post pointers for the 3rd and 4th dungeon tomorrow.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.45%
    I am jumping on this too. Wandered around the overworld for a bit, opening up a bunch of door charge rooms. Found the first three levels in my travels. Did part of level one, then died. I can tell this is going to be challenging. I remember trying this quest a while back but I am sure I didn't get very far. I will make sure I use the spoiler tag if I post anything of significance.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%
    Beat LV 2. Going to try to go into speed-run mode pretty quick once I get the blue ring. I'll post the videos of my progress at some point also (maybe tomorrow).

Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    Are you going to share?
    Spoiler: show

The white sword, candle, 3-hearts, and arrows can easily be gotten before LV1.

Though I will most-likely move on to something else before I end up trying an actual speed-run.
    Last edited by Gleeok; 08-05-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.17%
    Made more progress.
    Completed Level 4, leaving midway to grab a couple of extra Heart Containers with my newly aquired Whistle and made my way through most of 5, where I stopped because I just happened to walk into a staircase that lead to the beginning . Those things ain't going to be in my quest.
    Well, one thing's certain - I'm getting the Magic Sword when finish Level 5.

My current equipment:
    • White Sword
    • Blue Ring
    • Magic Shield
    • Book
    • Magic Boomerang
    • Bombs x12
    • Bow and Arrow
    • Blue Candle
    • Whistle
    • 11 Heart Containers.
    • Still 0 deaths. I did come close to dying in level 4 once though.
    The Legend of Zelda: Zelda's Last Wish.
    Progress: 99% complete. (Overworld: 100%, Dungeons: 99% overall).
    ETA: Pending.
    Beta/Demo: Out now!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    I think I'll bite onto this quest too. I've been playing 2nd Quest in Z1 lately and have come to a stand still on where to find thing, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.
    Anyways, I'll post my progress once I start.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Made more progress.
    Completed Level 4, leaving midway to grab a couple of extra Heart Containers with my newly aquired Whistle and made my way through most of 5, where I stopped because I just happened to walk into a staircase that lead to the beginning .
    Just a heads up:
    That's not the last you'll see of that nasty little trick. It features in several of the dungeons, particularly the last two where they seem to be intentionally placed in a way designed to waste your resources.

Now seems like a good time to give pointers for the third and fourth dungeon.

Third Dungeon
    Firstly, if you haven't found the third dungeon yet, it is in a VERY FAMILIAR place:
    Remember where the Magic Sword slept in First Quest? If you don't, well, it's in the spooky north-east corner of a certain area. You'll need to kill the ghini to gain entry.

Before you enter the third dungeon you will NEED to acquire the Blue Ring. Fight around in the woods around start (particularly the green woods, as it is full of red octoroks which are easy to kill). If you need the enemies to respawn, make sure you've cleared the screen completely then enter and exit a dungeon.
    You will also need to make sure you have all the bombs you can carry. There are a lot of walls that need to be blasted in this dungeon and there are also enemies that require bombs to defeat (they help with Darknuts and are necessary for the Dodongos).
    Finally, make sure you have at least fifty rupees before you enter this dungeon, or you'll regret it.
    This is the first dungeon in the quest to feature Red Bubbles. If you skipped Second Quest you might not know how to deal with these guys; they'll steal your sword until you go to a fairy pond, save and quit (continue WON'T stop it), use a potion, or touch a Blue Bubble. Thankfully this dungeon only features one room with them; if you get zapped, bomb the north wall and go through to find the Blue Bubbles with the cure.
    Techniques that will be worth knowing before entering the dungeon are Dodongo Smoke Stun and the Darknut Stab Exploit:
    If you place a bomb in front of a Dodongo but not so close as to be swallowed, the dino will freeze when the smoke blasts its face. It is then vulnerable to the sword and it is GUARANTEED to drop a bomb refill. This seems to be easiest to achieve when the Dodongo is moving side-to-side, possibly because it is a bigger target in those directions. As for the Darknut Stab Exploit, find a choke-point, face down, and spam the sword button. If you're immediately above a no-walk tile the Darknuts will not be able to approach from that direction, so they will always be vulnerable to your sword. The repeated stabbing ensures they cannot knock you out of the choke-hold (since Link cannot move while attacking). Finally, if multiple Darknuts swarm the spot only one of them can hurt you at a time (thanks to temporary invulnerability).

Third Dungeon does NOT have an item room, rather it has a single room where the boomerang is dropped once all enemies are defeated. If you're having trouble locating this room:
    Bomb the left wall of a room with stairs. You can't miss it

If you're having trouble beating all the enemies in the room, you can:
    Pack bombs and go nuts, use the Darknut Stab Exploit, or simply skip the room. The Magic Boomerang can be found in Dungeon 5 and is much easier to acquire. You may have difficulty with DidDoggers without it, though.

The boss is Gleeok, though it's not a particularly difficult incarnation. Get the pacing down to dodge the fireballs and this fight shouldn't last long.

Fourth Dungeon
    There's a hint for the location of the fourth dungeon hidden in the Third Dungeon, behind a pass-through wall. You will need to find the Power Bracelet before you can enter:
    The Power Bracelet can be found in a bomb cave immediately south of the graveyard

If you are having trouble deciphering the hint, or if you just don't want to find it:
    The Fourth Dungeon is located at a dead end in Death Mountain, significant because it has an arrow pointing in the opposite direction. This arrow was originally intended to guide players to Spectacle Rock in First Quest, but in this quest is possesses a pushable rock that will reveal the stairwell into Fourth Dungeon. You can reach Death Mountain by pushing through the Lynels past the Graveyard. With the Power Bracelet in hand, navigating to this portion of the world map should be fairly easy (use the three-stair warps scattered around Start to pop around until you're near the graveyard)

Before you even enter the Fourth Dungeon, make sure you have purchased the Bait and are carrying at least 100 rupees. Also cap off your bombs before you enter; it's not hard to fight around for two bomb drops before entering the dungeon.
    There's also up to three heart containers you're able to acquire before entering the fourth dungeon (technically you can get them before the first dungeon, but it will be easier now); you should locate them before proceeding:
    The first is immediately south of the Fairy Pond in Red Woods. It can be acquired as soon as you have the Blue Candle. Burn the bottom-left green bush on the screen to reveal a staircase.
    The second is in the western stretch of Death Mountain. It can be acquired as soon as you have the Power Bracelet. Make your way past the Lynels north-west until you come to a screen with an arrow of stones pointing to the right. Defeat all the enemies and then push on these stones until a staircase appears.
    The third and final Heart Container you can acquire is actually on the way to Dungeon 4. After you scale the stairs to the very top of the Overworld (as if you were traveling to Spectacle Rock), go to the far right end of that screen and place a bomb. It will reveal a cave with the Heart Container inside.

There's not a lot of places to go in this dungeon before you acquire the whistle:
    There are two secret passages, one leading to the map and the other to the whistle. Make sure you push every brick, and remember that this quest allows you to push one brick onto another solid brick (this will become increasingly important the further into the quest you go.

Once the Whistle is in your grasp, the rest of this dungeon is fairly easy. It is important to know, though, that even though this dungeon seems like it wants you to have the Ladder, that item is NOT found in this Dungeon. To cross the impassible rivers you need to find a passageway hidden on a different screen.
    This dungeon also has the first (of two) bomb capacity upgrades (which is why you need the 100 rupees). Make sure you find it before you leave. The boss, of course, is DigDogger (because of the whistle). Fire shooters are utilized to make the fight more difficult, but using the boomerang to stun a DidDogger kid and then brutalizing it should make the fight no problem. You will fight this boss multiple times throughout the dungeon, but it's not something to worry about.
    By the time you finish the Fourth Dungeon you should be acclimating to the higher difficulty of the combat. The rest of the game should be slightly easier from this point out. Also, after you acquire the Whistle:
    You should be using it on EVERY Overworld screen. If it spawns a whirlwind, avoid it. If not, then the screen will reveal a secret. YAY!
    This can be used to find the fourth and final free Heart Container
    Go to the entrance of the Second Dungeon and work your way south until you are in the forest crossroads (it has four tiny pathways north and south, and two wide ones east and west). Blow the whistle here to reveal a staircase leading to the fourth Heart Container

Last edited by CJC; 08-05-2013 at 05:01 PM.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Just a heads up: boo!
    I agree. That is generally good advice to follow. However, that also sounds like a challenge to me! :)

LV 3 and 4 without the blue ring? Accepted! -Will resume playing late tonight.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.14%
    I know I'm late to the party, but I'm determined to get through it at any rate.

So far I've not made much progress. I wandered around the overworld, found level 1, died a zillion times, and retried. I bought a blue candle and found a heart container (yay!). Now I'm close to beating level 1... if I can just keep my health long enough to make it to the end.

I'm not going to spoil anything for myself, so I haven't read the spoilers on locations or strategies yet. Hopefully I can see the challenge all the way through.

Thread Information