35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    1/2/5: I definitely understand there being potential problems with Wordpress and the main site being hosted somewhere else entirely. The reason for my wanting to do it this way is that I don't really know how much access I'd be aloud to have to the hosted server where AGN is sitting. Doing it this way would make it a lot easier for me to have full control over the main site without enroaching on the rest of the AGN content if the powers that be (Warlord, Kolt, Dark Dragon) don't want me to have access. Doing a quick search suggests that it won't be impossible to pull off. We have enough IT minded people in the staff that it would definitely be feasible.

6: Definitely right on that point. As long as you'd be contributing something per week, it's all good.

7: Social media is where I've had a lot of success recently. My YouTube channel is starting to get some notice from more popular channels, such as RerezTV, and I'm not even 6 months into this yet. Other forms of marketing are certainly acceptable, but I'm not as versed in those areas. I could do things like try and post or hand out flyers at local game shops and host local gaming events in the STL area.

8: Those are some elite people, and I'd love to get to that point. Hopefully we can some day.

Your content ideas are spot on. Those are the kinds of things I'd definitely want to include.

I was initially all for mentioning this to the whole AGN userbase, but after some thought, I'd really like to get the input of the other admins. @War Lord @DarkDragon @ctrl-alt-delete @Gleeok @ShadowTiger
    If this isn't feasible or the other admins aren't on board, my feelings will not be hurt at all. I can certainly move forward without AGN.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%
    Pretty busy through the end of the year.

Kind of skimmed the thread--AGN and ZC definitely need a true main site, but all of us have been too busy to produce anything.

I can get FTP access to you no problem, but we definitely need to have a full blown plan first.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    I'm probably in the same boat as cad; busy with other projects, bringing the 5th quest to a close, and all the other holiday season nonsense coming up, so I'm unlike to contribute anything, really. I do agree that ZC definitely needs it's own site regardless of any other changes that are made.

Other than that I'm all for anything positive around here. Not too much has been done in the last year or two, and although ZC 2.5 has been finished and the forums are running smoothly again, everything else has become a little stagnated. I'm all for anything that benefits the community, and it sounds for the most part like this would be community driven.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Thanks for the input guys. I really don't want to make any moves over the holidays, for sure. I'd rather wait until after the New Year to move forward with anything.

I'll work on a solid plan over the holidays, along with a mock up site as proof of concept.

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    We could begin really doing stuff in January. In the meantime there's no harm in playing around with what we can do now.

If nobody objects, I am going to begin a series of threads in General Entertainment to serve as articles. If you need or want filler for the prototype, feel free to use them

I may also apply my degree towards something useful here, and construct some new visual content for Armageddon Games.

http://www.fonts2u.com/nes-controller.font here's a font that I don't think gets used very often but looks quite nice. What do you think of it?
    Last edited by King Aquamentus; 11-18-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Sounds good, man.

I also love the font.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    Looks like its free to use as you see fit, so I'm gonna grab it. Feel free to do the same.

I have to ask before getting into anything on a Graphic Design level, what exactly are your primary messages to send to potential visitors? These will influence content created.
    Last edited by King Aquamentus; 11-18-2014 at 01:05 PM.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    I like the font, but the "L" and "i" tend to merge together to become a "U" and that can get pretty hard on the eyes. Still worth investigating though.

I'm always onboard with an idea that allows AGN to be more than what it currently is, and allows it to be of more use to a wider variety of people. I could even go so far as to call them consumers at some point, though that's likely a point well into the future.

I tend to prefer to think of it in terms of "What can AGN offer the world that no other site can?" What isn't elsewhere that isn't too useless?

What do people tend to gravitate around? I know that I always seem to get sucked into Buzzfeed articles because I like to see what I have in common with them, and what I've encountered over my scant few years as a mortal that matches up with what they write about. Everyone loves to do that.

So is this a thing about what other people already think? Or on what people should think. Or is it somewhere that doesn't even lie nearby to either of the two?

Whatever it is, it also needs a personality. Remember reading any particular cracked .com article, and the writer is making these truly, truly snarky comments in the middle of each article, with a little image punctuating their thoughts in a visual form, with its own little subtitle? Or when jacksfilms (The Youtube film artist.) goes all 4th wall? We need to find a "voice" that the reader will hear in their head when they read any particular article. I feel that this is extremely important. It ensures people will remember what they've just written, at least for one reason or another.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    I tend to prefer to think of it in terms of "What can AGN offer the world that no other site can?"
    This is a big part of that "what are your primary messages to viewers" question above. This info is key to creating some good stuff.

Thread Information