41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.62%
    Come to think of it, I think it was because I found PZC when looking for a Zelda editor..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.15%
    Hell if I can even remember. I was in high school at the time, I know that much, and it was either late 2000 or early 2001. I remember that much just because I remember some post about how while George W. Bush was being driven to his inauguration, someone posted a thread linking to a news article about how people had thrown things at his car, including "an egg," which I found hysterical (just, you know, the idea that someone would bring one single egg for the purposes of throwing). It had something to do with me getting into Zelda Classic, I know that much, but I can't remember how I found out about Zelda Classic in the first place. I think maybe I stumbled upon it after seeing it mentioned on some gaming website. But yeah, I discovered Zelda Classic, which led to me discovering the forums.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.31%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrz84 View Post
    A CD with it I got in a magazine from EGM (or at least I think it was, I still have the CD so I'll check it later) years ago, similar to Anthony's got my attention and I followed the url to here and never looked back.
    Ditto, actually, though it was a December 2000 version of Computer Games Magazine. Year and a half of lurking, and I joined up in '02. To think, I could've been a mega-oldie, instead of a super-oldie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.22%
    I was just browsing around looking for a forum and came across this site in the process.

Wingnut
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.32%
    I found Zelda Classic in seventh grade and was unable to get it to run. I finally figured it out earlier this year, and I joined today because my other gaming forum (Mossmouth) is basically dead.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.41%
    Some old free game downloads site. It mentioned a Zelda 1 Clone that had an editor coming out for it. That was all it took to draw my interest. This was some time in 1999, believe it or not. The registrations don't reflect our original join dates because we have since had a board change. I believe I may have even joined before Shadowblazer. :o

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.58%
    I have a vague recollection of sitting in my room one day, which was WELL AFTER 2001 or whenever AGN launched, thinking that if I had my own .net site instead of a .com, what would it be?
    And I thought of ArmageddonGames.net.

Later on, or maybe before, because I drink lots, I frequented PureZC as a non-participant and later on to discuss ZC in the forums, and then I came across AGN from there, as it was deemed the actual source of ZC. That being said I thought that AGN was probably more fitting of a site to participate in because it's the community responsible for the actual creation of ZC. That's when I decided to get involved with AGN and not just zeldaclassic.com or PureZC.
    :)

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.73%
    Uhm, I was looking up RPG Maker 2000 tilesets in 2001, and so on. Originally MasterSwordOmni, because that name was just cool as shit, mirite? Then a few days later was MasterSwordOmni2, and then Ultima, because you know; password are tough. At least they were back in web 1.0

Thread Information