0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%
    Well, its been fun! But Im having real trouble killing Ganon. Very annoying with all the fireballs flying around.

Any hints on how to kill Ganon?

Im guessing I need Nayru's Lore... But dont know where it is.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.76%
    Nayru's Love is not necessary to kill Ganon. Its main use is to unlock an extra tidbit in the ending for the completists.

It is in Ganon's Fortress, very close to the stairway leading to Ganon's fight. There's a walkthrough wall. The thing is: you need to have picked up every heart piece to be able to get it, hence why it is a "completist" item.

To kill Ganon, preferably bring a red potion, and try to deflect the fireballs with your shield as often as possible. Since they follow you around, ignoring them usually ends with them hitting you. Don't rush through the fight and don't be too greedy on the hits you can inflict to Ganon in a single time. Focus on defending yourself and I'm sure you can make it.

edit: I'm assuming you have found the purple tunic in Ganon's Fortress.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamian View Post
    Nayru's Love is not necessary to kill Ganon. Its main use is to unlock an extra tidbit in the ending for the completists.

It is in Ganon's Fortress, very close to the stairway leading to Ganon's fight. There's a walkthrough wall. The thing is: you need to have picked up every heart piece to be able to get it, hence why it is a "completist" item.

To kill Ganon, preferably bring a red potion, and try to deflect the fireballs with your shield as often as possible. Since they follow you around, ignoring them usually ends with them hitting you. Don't rush through the fight and don't be too greedy on the hits you can inflict to Ganon in a single time. Focus on defending yourself and I'm sure you can make it.

edit: I'm assuming you have found the purple tunic in Ganon's Fortress.
    Nope. Still have the red tunic. Where's the purple one?

As for the heart pieces, I think Im about 6 short of a full set. You got a list of where they all are? Would value having the Nayru's lore too.

I may have a chance of beating ganon with the purple tunic, but havent found it. The only items I found in the level were the magic key, and the L3 discount ring.
    Last edited by Joki81; 04-15-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.76%
    If you just look at your map of the level you will see there are "holes" in it. The purple tunic shouldn't be hard to locate.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%
    If you just look at your map of the level you will see there are "holes" in it. The purple tunic shouldn't be hard to locate.
    Are you talking about the mouth? Tried finding a hidden passage, but cant find it!

I'm such a noob!

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.76%
    There's no mouth, but these are probably the rooms you need to access. There's not even a hidden passage to reach them. Just normal doors, a few screens away from the entrance.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%
    There's no mouth, but these are probably the rooms you need to access. There's not even a hidden passage to reach them. Just normal doors, a few screens away from the entrance.
    Care to elaborate in particular which room I need to explore?

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.76%
    That "mouth". It's not a mouth, there are rooms there.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%
    That "mouth". It's not a mouth, there are rooms there.
    Edit, sorry! Cant believe I forgot about that door!

Have you got a list you can PM me of all the heart pieces? Don't want to finish the game without 100% completion if can help it.
    Last edited by Joki81; 04-16-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%
    Quest Review:

Jamian is a quest making Guru! This quest belongs up there with the "greats"... End of Time DX, Rise of Ganon, Isle of the Winds, and Light of the Heavens.

The quest has really innovative ideas, and takes inspiration from other great RPG titles such as FF6 and Terranigma. Some levels are very reminiscent of the those games as you get to fight Kefka, loose yourself in the maze of the moblin woods similar to Norfest forest in Terranigma.

It doesnt end there though, in the ghost cave you become Pacman, in the vampire castle you become Simon belmont, the forest of Illusion reminds me of the mana holyland in Secret of Mana, and in the pyramid become Will from the Illusion of time.

Puzzles are challenging throughout, and will stump you for quite a while. Particularly the one in the Wizard castle where you have to play the song of storms. I also wasn't too keen on Crab beach... missed a single pushable stone.

Don't think this quest is one you can finish quickly. It's tough! The only reason Ive made so much progress through it is because Ive been unwell over the past week, and the quest has been the only company ive had.

Overall: 9.5/10

Its not getting a perfect score cause the puzzles were too tough in certain places, and it wasn't entirely clear where to go when you've finished certain levels. Plus I'm still searching for all the heart pieces!
    Last edited by Joki81; 04-16-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Thread Information