219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    I reflect on this in silence. I know well what my ultimate desire is, but I am hesitant to ask for it. Some things, no matter how much you want them, are better to let go. Artanis has been gone for two years, and he should probably stay dead. On the other hand, I would have liked to have the chance to tell him how I felt about him before his death.

((I feel make it clear that Skie's elven friend Artanis is in fact dead--no "surprise-he's-actually-alive" twists, Skie actually held his body in her arms as the life left it so there is no question about his death. And yes, he was an elf, but you probably picked up on that when I mentioned how Skie got her dagger))

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    Alty take a few seconds to reflect before answering. "In the past I've dealt with being forced into the service of others via curse marks, powerful magic, and such. I want immunity to such abilities so I never can be forced to serve anyone again."
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.04%
    Jade knew what she needed to ask for, but was hesitant to do so. Although unsure if even this woman could return her home though, she declined to ask. For one, she did not like to be manipulated. Secondly, she'd grown attached to her allies. Somehow, Jade was confident there would be other ways... but what to wish for instead...?

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    =========================
    Update

All of a sudden a large chained coffin appears behind you which bursts open revealing a portal. Out of the portal steps a revenant.
    Skye addresses La Croix in surprise and everyone stares at the undead being with disbelief. Is this really La Croix.
    La Croix: "When I revealed myself to you, that was a sign of trust. You shouldn't take it with a grain of salt Skye. You ladies, are about to become slaves to an elder god. I'm here to make an counter offer. Help me kill this thing and the demon queen like I originally planned. I'm already free from Merlina's control. So time I take my own iniatives. Only reason they're even alive is because they made a deal with me 1000 years ago. I tend to collect on their debts."
    She begins charging a purple lightning bolt and fires a bolt of dark energy at Xenovia.
    La Croix: "Now quick, get your asses through the portal. We'll just forget this mishap and discuss or plans later."
    Xenovia fires counterspell at La Croix right now they're evenly matched. Wow either Xenovia is really weak, or La Croix is one hell of a grim reaper."
    Xenovia: "You fools! Kill her why you still have a chance! That's an order!"
    La Croix: "HURRY! I can't maintain this level of magic for long!"

@TheDarkOne @King Aquamentus @mrz84 What do you do?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    Alty turns to Xen. "I told you earlier. I take orders from NO ONE. Also, not to fuck with me. You chose your words poorly Xen." Alty pulls a button on his left arm sleeve to open it and revealing his left arm. Or at least what's left it and the mechanical arm that functions as it now. He opens his left hand and it reforms into a lion head and fires a blast of energy at Xen. After it fires, Alty makes haste to the portal, not wanting to stay longer than he requires. As he leaves through the portal he flips off Xen with his right hand while sticking his tongue out.
    Last edited by mrz84; 07-11-2016 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Forgot 1 word. Makes more sense now.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.04%
    Groaning, Jade pulls at Skye's arm, successfuly or otherwise. "Oh, come on would you!?" rolling her eyes, they disappear into the portal.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 07-13-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Update

After narrowly escaping Xen's wrath, Lacroix flies through the portal and the hooded man from earlier slams his hands together closing it.
    All of a sudden the figure's form shifts into a gigantic raven with that spreads it's wings, La Croix Kneels before it's eerie majesty.

"Good day mortals, I am the Raven King. Roc of Death. 1000 years ago, Lilith contracted the outer god in hopes of defeating her sister and she succeeded claiming the title of Demon Queen. However all was for naught as she tried to seal the god using the forbidden spell of sealing. However spacetime fractured open xenovia was sealed away, but she was sent to this world, and the book was lost. Or so Lilith thought. I spent the last 1000 years searching the planes for this book (he pulls a dusty black tomb out of his robes), this book has enough magic power inside to make an entire world disappear. With it we can destroy an immortal such as Xenovia, but we need to reach her domain first. What you saw was a refraction. It was not her true form, as she is formless outside of the world she calls home. Imprisoned she has no form, so she simply uses a homunculous. As for direction, we must gather my brothers, they each have a fragment of a keystone that can open the way to the Outer God’s realm, and from there we can unseal Xenovia and destroy her. Leave Lilith to Alty and Lacroix, both of them have a debt to settle. And La Croix loves nothing more than to collect on debts. I'll leave the path you take up to you. Mountains, Desert, and the Frozen Waste. Those are where my brothers can be found."

Up ahead you see a massive fissure in the ground with green glow coming out of it The giant raven takes flight and flies across the chasm of light towards a castle.

La Croix "This is Gaia's Navel, the center of the world. Look up. Merlina used to call that floating city home. Before they tried to release Xenovia and the Demon Queen butchered her entire race leaving her as the only survivor. The past is just a story, if you can just except that the past loses all power over you. Try to remember that folks."

What do you do?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    Alty returns the mechanized arm to normal before replacing the sleeve to its previous state. "Raven King, huh? He sounds like the most reasonable person since I got here. So let's get these keystones and kick the face in of anything that gets in our way then." Alty punches a clenched fist into a open hand as he says this. [I've got debts to settle. And nobody better try to make me a damn slave again. First person that tries it gets a foot to the teeth...or whatever they have for a face anyway.]

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    @mrz84 @King Aquamentus @TheDarkOne
    La Croix smiles at your gesture.
    La Croix "I too have debts to settle, I would love nothing more then to hold her while you rip her black heart out of her chest with that fancy arm of yours Alty. What do you say guys? You game for a Demon hunt?"

Note this is a sidequest guys, and is also serious business for two of the party members.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.04%
    "I'm up for the desert, if anyone is coming with" Jade peeps

Thread Information