User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New 3DS (Actually a new console)

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%

New 3DS (Actually a new console)

http://kotaku.com/what-we-know-about...far-1628593550

Well it seems that nintendo is making a new 3DS which is called "New 3DS" (Yes I know a pretty dumb name). It seems it'll have a faster CPU and some other things like a c-stick numb and a ZL and ZR triggers and some other crap. It might be nice but I'm wondering why nintendo keeps on making so many variations of the 3DS...

I might look into getting one at some point but I think I'll stay with my 3DS until the support for it ends. :\

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

What the hell, Nintendo? I guess the analogue is the DSi to the DS, and I found that to be hella annoying. I had my original DS 'till the bitter end (until last year, when my girlfriend at the time accidentally knocked it off the dresser and it broke), because I refuse to buy an upgrade to an existing system. I don't mind if they come out with a new system, with seriously upgraded specs and whatnot, but this sounds like a minor upgrade, with not enough features to make it worth buying a new system but enough features that you might miss out on some games. Only time I ever actually bought an upgrade to an existing system was when I got a GBA SP, and that was because the lighting on the original GBA was so crappy it made the upgrade totally worth it just to be able to actually see your damn games.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    I feel the same way. I was really looking forward to Smash Bros on the 3DS, but it looks like it won't play as well on the older one, if at all.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    2 tidbits about this (in case ya don't wanna read the whole article)

1 - there WILL be games that only the New 3DS can play (because the GPU or whatever is stronger than the current 3D)

2 - the only exclusive game announced so far is a port of the wii game Xenoblade Chronicles. This is one of the games mentioned in point #1.

Other than that, the first post (and the article) have all the other info (so I'm not gonan retype them or even copy-and-paste 'em)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    What I'm hoping for is that Nintendo just doesn't go abandon the original 2DS/3DS/3DSXL If they did that would be just a low blow to new owners like me, I have had my 3DS a year and a half so I still consider myself a new owner.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    What I'm hoping for is that Nintendo just doesn't go abandon the original 2DS/3DS/3DSXL If they did that would be just a low blow to new owners like me, I have had my 3DS a year and a half so I still consider myself a new owner.
    Why would they? Why would any developer ignore the mass of people with current 3DS hardware? The only way I can see is if the game is just not feasible except on the newer model. Why would they Nintendo make their hardware obsolete when they just released the 2DS? If they expect those to sell they will have to keep supporting them. C'mon guys they aren't dumb, they aren't Sega.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    Why would they? Why would any developer ignore the mass of people with current 3DS hardware? The only way I can see is if the game is just not feasible except on the newer model. Why would they Nintendo make their hardware obsolete when they just released the 2DS? If they expect those to sell they will have to keep supporting them. C'mon guys they aren't dumb, they aren't Sega.
    Yeah I guess your right, at least the OG 3DS should be safe for another year or so maybe? I don't know though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.44%
    I am sure almost all the games produced will still be compatible with older 3DS/2DS versions. I certainly hope so anyway. I have a 3DSxl and while the new one does have some nice updates, I don't plan on upgrading any time soon. I would rather use that money to buy some of the games that will be coming out in the next year or so that interest me. I can miss out on some of the new 3DS exclusives. It would be pretty bad if any major franchises were exclusive to the new version, but as SUCCESSOR said, Nintendo is smart enough and won't shoot themselves in the foot there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.94%
    If I can get a good trade-in deal with my 3DSXL I'll consider it. Otherwise, I'm skipping. Besides, I already have Xenoblade Chronicles on my Wii =p

Seriously though I'm glad they finally decided on including the second stick... I just wish it wasn't so damn small. I suppose for camera control it'll be fine, but man that's tiny.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Yeah that second stick if you can call it a stick that is on the tiny side thats for sure but I do welcome that change though it sure will come in handy for camera controls. I might be tempted to do a trade in deal if its a good deal.
    I should pre-order one when I can but gamestop hasn't open the pre-order status up for the NN3DS yet :\

Thread Information