Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.4%

Link: The Hero of Cartography

Has anyone else made hand-drawn maps of the overworld or dungeons in the 1st quest?

I'm currently playing through the 1st quest for the first time, after I finished level one I had a difficult time finding level 2, so I was decided to search the internet for the location. I went to the forum on GameFAQS and found a topic about making your own map of the overworld it sounded like a good idea.

So I got 2 pieces of 8 1/2 by 11 drawing paper, stapled them together, and used a ruler to mark out an 8x16 grid of one inch squares, and started filling them in with colored pencils as I journeyed across Hyrule, it's actually a lot of fun. So has anyone else made their own map of Hyrule? If you have you should post pictures, that would be great! :biggrin:

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    Sounds interesting. Unfortunately my skills with a pencil are very lacking.

Forest Child
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.92%
    I print mine out on custom graph paper. Make a light gray hollow square 21 by 21 squares, and copy-paste it to a 16 by 11 grid. Make the outer edge black. Print it out with the smallest margins you can, then either print it 20 times or copy it. Cut it out and tape it together to make a large map. I used to make maps like this all the time as a kid, and now, as an adult making map for Zelda Classic.
    I also make a grid of 44 by 64 rectangles, 8 by 16, to make a quick rough map that I use as a 'see how it looks all together' map. Map making is such fun!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.02%
    Quote Originally Posted by Papallion View Post
    I print mine out on custom graph paper. Make a light gray hollow square 21 by 21 squares, and copy-paste it to a 16 by 11 grid. Make the outer edge black. Print it out with the smallest margins you can, then either print it 20 times or copy it. Cut it out and tape it together to make a large map. I used to make maps like this all the time as a kid, and now, as an adult making map for Zelda Classic.
    I also make a grid of 44 by 64 rectangles, 8 by 16, to make a quick rough map that I use as a 'see how it looks all together' map. Map making is such fun!
    Your post about making maps causes me to look forward to hopefully playing something designed by you at some point. I agree that map making is fun. :)

Thread Information