User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which methods do you prefer to get your music?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Physical media (CDs, tapes, records)

4 66.67%
  • Radio

5 83.33%
  • Digital download (iTunes)

1 16.67%
  • Internet radio (Pandora)

4 66.67%
  • Subscription service (Rhapsody, Spotify)

1 16.67%
  • Pirating (Yargh!)

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you get your music?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%

How do you get your music?

Just thought it'd be interesting to see, how this day and age, everyone's getting their music... You know, as kind of an extension of the whole "Napster is going to destroy the music industry" fears that existed when Internet music distribution started to become a thing.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.51%
    I walk the streets looking for passing motorists listening to music with their windows down.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.44%
    I will occasionally play some music on Pandora, but I also have a Sirius XM subscription so I try to use that often. I go back to a lot of 80s and 90s alternative - just a lot of music I grew up with and appreciate.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    I'm a little bit odd. The vast majority of my music, and boy howdy I do mean vast, (though it's only 4.17 Gigs total, midis and trackers included.) was acquired from youtube via ClipConverter. I find a song I like from whatever video or game I'm interacting with, find out I like it, and click the ClipConverter button. Simple. Slow, individually, but I have some great stuff I don't quantity as a "song" that has entertained me plentifully.

Keese
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.77%
    ---
    Last edited by Liliith; 10-04-2023 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    I'm a straight up pirate. Yarrr!!! Back in High School I got tons of music from P2P software and god the mess of it! Thankfully most of that was lost so I didn't have to BURN IT WITH FIRE!!! I download whole albums in good quality. I enjoy listening to albums as a whole quite unlike my teenage days. I could give a shit about album art or organizing. Though, I am glad I no longer have an iPod because MOTHERFUCKING ITUNES AND IT'S TERRIBLE ORGANIZING!

I have an old ass van so I can listen to the radio or the rattling of the muffler. It is scarcely a joyous enterprise. Even the Metal and Alternative stations play redundant crap these days. I occasionally put on a Pandora-esqe internet radio for some background noise and the possibility of finding an unknown gem.

I get most of my new music research in rare fits where I download a hundred acclaimed albums and listen to about 10 of them in the next 6 months. Usually it is by genre but not always. I think it's more of the hunt that fuels the passion. Scavenging reviews, blogs, and forums for the goods, just good fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Liliith View Post
    it TOTALLY MESSED UP tons of album art...all my NIN albums now have Khia album covers and idk why it does this.
    Poppin' your pussy like this?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    I'm a little bit odd. The vast majority of my music was acquired from youtube via ClipConverter.
    Good god, the quality! Don't you care about the quality?! I have ripped a few songs from Youtube but only things that could not be acquired elsewhere: videos, Live performances, old/obscure stuff you can't find anymore, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    I walk the streets looking for passing motorists listening to music with their windows down.
    What is the point of listening to music if others can't see and hear you listen to your music?!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    I get mine through both official and unofficial means. To elaborate: I buy/download albums/individual songs (usually either via iTunes or Amazon but I use Realplayer/my mp3 player to listen to them) with some original/remix works on Newgrounds. Some stuff I used to get from beemp3, but I've stopped downloading from them for some time now as their search engine can be a literal clusterf**k to deal with when searching for a specific song *there's like literally 20+ links for most popular songs some radio edits, others the full song from the albums*

I'm fine with people driving by me with music playing, just not so loud it actually shakes my house.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Good god, the quality! Don't you care about the quality?! I have ripped a few songs from Youtube but only things that could not be acquired elsewhere: videos, Live performances, old/obscure stuff you can't find anymore, etc...
    I was raised on midis for Zelda Classic, and was happy for what I got. Going to MP3s was a huge step up for me, and I still haven't lost my appreciation for Midis; a fact for which I am very grateful.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    I selected both physical media and pirating. Back in the days of Napster I downloaded plenty of stuff, and continued to do so after it was gone. Nowadays it's much harder to download, and I'm not a fan of torrents. When I find someone I like, I will buy their music though. There have been several bands that I found through downloading that are now among my favorites, and I go to their shows and buy their merch, including albums that I have already downloaded. Purchasing downloadable music is fine, but I'm a bit old fashioned and prefer to have a physical copy if possible. I tried Pandora for a short time, but they recommend things that are "similar" in the way that apples are similar to granite bricks. I took the antenna off my car because I hate listening to someone else's playlist on repeat (radio). I discover new music by going to concerts. Every so often an opening band surprises me by being awesome. Lately I've been using Youtube to look up full versions of anime opening and closing songs.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    *just leaving this here*

Thread Information