User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any old quests you'd like to see brought back in ZC 2.50?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.4%

Any old quests you'd like to see brought back in ZC 2.50?

I'm posting this in two spots, but are there any "graveyard" quests you'd like to see be revived in some way, but don't work now due to version problems (like Unofficial 3rd Quest for example).

Leaving this open to discussion.

Banned discussion:
    New Quest 2004 (updated to 2.5 already)

James Quest (original) (updated to 2.5 already)

Anything else that got an update

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    The Original Demo Quest by Phantom Menace and Nightmare would actually be quite nice.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    I'd like to see one that was included in the old ZC version. I think it was called 182test.qst or something like that. It was the first quest but with some added features, like added spikes and the boots, the big key being needed to complete the dungeons, and the fire boomerang and mirror shield available to those who could find them. And the music for Level 9 was an instrumental version of "Ai No Senshi" from the Sailor Moon soundtrack.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.4%
    Mero, I'll look into updating Demo and Demo EX. It shouldn't take all THAT long.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.58%
    Germis Quest. It's not really anything special but I always had fun playing it, and it would be interesting to see it perhaps reinterpreted in a more advanced tileset. That, and The Longest Journey

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    I made an updated version of the 182test.qst that works in 2.5, but since I don't actually know the original author (Warlock), I can't in good conscience submit this for inclusion. It's a really good remake of the first quest. It's got better graphics (looks like the graphics for Link's Awakening except in color), cutable bushes and grass, new items to find, new enemies (Aquamentus is no longer the level 7 boss), new sound effects, and some other new features. This is probably the best first quest remake I have seen, and I actually downloaded an older version of ZC just for this quest. I'd love to repost it but it's not my quest, so I can't.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.58%
    Simple Link's Awakening *needs* this, but I doubt I've the drive to do it. there's a lot 2.5 can offer it though.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.08%
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    I made an updated version of the 182test.qst that works in 2.5, but since I don't actually know the original author (Warlock), I can't in good conscience submit this for inclusion. It's a really good remake of the first quest. It's got better graphics (looks like the graphics for Link's Awakening except in color), cutable bushes and grass, new items to find, new enemies (Aquamentus is no longer the level 7 boss), new sound effects, and some other new features. This is probably the best first quest remake I have seen, and I actually downloaded an older version of ZC just for this quest. I'd love to repost it but it's not my quest, so I can't.
    If all you are doing is distributing his quest as he intended but 2.5 compatible I don't see a problem. The quest was never locked to begin with and I imagine he had it distributed that way to get people acquainted with using his tileset. The tileset you are mentioning is Warlock's own New 1st Tileset. All long as you are crediting @Warlock and not trying to present his work as your own I doubt he would have a problem. I don't think he has been here in years. Try messaging him and asking how he feels about it. What did you change anyway?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    If all you are doing is distributing his quest as he intended but 2.5 compatible I don't see a problem. The quest was never locked to begin with and I imagine he had it distributed that way to get people acquainted with using his tileset. The tileset you are mentioning is Warlock's own New 1st Tileset. All long as you are crediting @Warlock and not trying to present his work as your own I doubt he would have a problem. I don't think he has been here in years. Try messaging him and asking how he feels about it. What did you change anyway?
    Very little was changed. I only converted the strings to lowercase instead of all caps, and fixed the misspelling of "peninsula" since that has always bothered me. And I used the "Invincible Link flickers" option since I think it looks better. Aside from that, nothing was changed.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.08%
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    Very little was changed. I only converted the strings to lowercase instead of all caps, and fixed the misspelling of "peninsula" since that has always bothered me. And I used the "Invincible Link flickers" option since I think it looks better. Aside from that, nothing was changed.
    So nothing is actually broken?

Thread Information