Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.63%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    It would be a more secure and portable option to have quests as stand alone games. I imagine Phantom Menace never imagined his little program to have such reach or longevity. Obviously we have the benefit of seeing how things could work better.

Censorship of freedom of speech will be discussed on a case by case basis taking into acount the content and the drama it may cause. Obviously the ones specifically forbidden in the rules are exceptions.

Even if there were a more secure way to store the passwords would it really matter? We have no way of preventing a dictionary attack which might be more effective on most people's passwords than trying to reverse the hash. Is any hash truly secure? Simple solution: use a unique password for your quest.
    Of course. I don't think anyone foresees anything they've created becoming popular to any considerable extent. I only just re-discovered Zelda Classic this year; the last I did anything with it was probably sometime in 2004-2005 so even I was surprised to see how far along things have come.

Not disagreeing with you there haha, but when I typed that I was just thinking about someone simply taking a hash and comparing it against a large collection of other hashes generated from common passwords, words, etc. since that's generally the first thing most people would do with a hash.
    Last edited by Isana; 03-12-2015 at 05:53 AM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.31%
    Quote Originally Posted by Isana View Post
    Not disagreeing with you there haha, but when I typed that I was just thinking about someone simply taking a hash and comparing it against a large collection of other hashes generated from common passwords, words, etc. since that's generally the first thing most people would do with a hash.
    Makes sense. Not really anything I considered all that much.

Unique password example: Hacker, suck my balls!

Thread Information