Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.4%
    Quote Originally Posted by erm2003 View Post
    The download file is rather large for me, over 100MB so I think it could have multiple options built in? I had to extract it was an rar program and it's slow with ads so it may be a while until I can do anything with it.

EDIT: Forget it, that was taking way too long. I am sure I can just download the emulators from the site as needed.
    Sorry, I forget not everybody has internet as fast as mine. If finalizing the download is the problem, perhaps I can mail you a flash drive. If extracting was the problem, were you using the program 7-zip? It shouldn't have ads... http://www.7-zip.org/

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    Sorry, I forget not everybody has internet as fast as mine. Did you get it downloaded and then have trouble extracting it? Were you using the program 7-zip? It shouldn't have ads...
    It wasn't an issue with the download size, I just didn't have a great app to extract it with. I am going to try some of the individual emulators instead. I have a feeling we will be sticking with just a few main systems at first anyway. I am most interested in trying out some NES, SNES, and Game Boy games that I never played before or maybe a few old favorites.

Btw, when I click on reply with quote and it goes into the quick reply box, I can't create spaces between words. I have to go to the advanced reply options just to get spaces to work. Odd.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.4%
    It wasn't an issue with the download size, I just didn't have a great app to extract it with. I am going to try some of the individual emulators instead. I have a feeling we will be sticking with just a few main systems at first anyway. I am most interested in trying out some NES, SNES, and Game Boy games that I never played before or maybe a few old favorites.

Btw, when I click on reply with quote and it goes into the quick reply box, I can't create spaces between words. I have to go to the advanced reply options just to get spaces to work. Odd.
    I edited my post above after you replied, check it out again.

I assume you're using Chrome? It's a known bug and it only happens sometimes--I'm not sure what causes it honestly. Sorry. :/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    I edited my post above after you replied, check it out again.

I assume you're using Chrome? It's a known bug and it only happens sometimes--I'm not sure what causes it honestly. Sorry. :/
    Not a problem. Yes I am using Chrome. Some of the things I have to do for work are best used on this browser so that's why. It's not a big deal now that I know.

I will play around a bit more tomorrow setting up some stuff. Thanks for the link above. If I need to go that route I will install that program for the extraction.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.4%
    Not a problem. Yes I am using Chrome. Some of the things I have to do for work are best used on this browser so that's why. It's not a big deal now that I know.

I will play around a bit more tomorrow setting up some stuff. Thanks for the link above. If I need to go that route I will install that program for the extraction.
    I seem to have found a "fix." After you quote, when the spacebar isn't working, hit enter. Then backspace the linebreak that enter created and the spacebar should beging to work. I'll install an addon to instruct users in the future.

I use Chrome also so I completely understand. Apparently Firefox has really made some x64 leaps lately so I might be switching back to it at some point. But what I said above should fix your problem if it makes sense.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you're not using 7-zip anyways. It's awesome and only rivaled by Peazip nowadays which I've never tried.

Anyways, let me know if there's any way I can help.

Thread Information