Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    There are a couple problems with this script. Most importantly is NES Caves recycle the same screen so FFCs aren't possible. [Actually I am not sure if FFCs can carry over from the entrance screen to an NES Cave. Even if that would be a more complicated approach.] Another thing is the fire in NES Caves are NPCs as well and I am pretty sure they spawn first and the Guy last. You can disable the fire in caves but the script doesnt account for it. You also cannot effectively write to npc->Tile. You have to use npc->OriginalTile. Also the FFC script will probably run before NPCs have spawned so checking for them will be ineffective.

I could add in values for X and Y coordinates in my script but that would take up 2 more global variables. If someone requests this I can do it easily.
    Rightio!

I never actually used caves or guys without script so I wouldn't really know.. I was busy doing other things. Apologies for making an attempt without checking myself.. I usually wouldn't do that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.41%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    There are a couple problems with this script. Most importantly is NES Caves recycle the same screen so FFCs aren't possible. [Actually I am not sure if FFCs can carry over from the entrance screen to an NES Cave. Even if that would be a more complicated approach.] Another thing is the fire in NES Caves are NPCs as well and I am pretty sure they spawn first and the Guy last. You can disable the fire in caves but the script doesnt account for it. You also cannot effectively write to npc->Tile. You have to use npc->OriginalTile. Also the FFC script will probably run before NPCs have spawned so checking for them will be ineffective.

I could add in values for X and Y coordinates in my script but that would take up 2 more global variables. If someone requests this I can do it easily.
    So, wait, if FFCs can't carry over from the entrance screen to caves, how does your script work? I mean, isn't part of making your script work placing an FFC on the entrance screen?
    Please check out my current project, The Legend of Zelda: Trials of the Gods
    http://armageddongames.net/showthrea...ls-of-the-Gods
    Current release: V3.1 (Demo)

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Rightio!

I never actually used caves or guys without script so I wouldn't really know.. I was busy doing other things. Apologies for making an attempt without checking myself.. I usually wouldn't do that.
    Oh I completely understand. I am new to using NES Caves myself. Or in truth I just cant remember much of using them from back in the early 2000s. I actually tried to write to npc->Tile when writing my script. I forgot that writing to it was undefined.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by lineas View Post
    So, wait, if FFCs can't carry over from the entrance screen to caves, how does your script work? I mean, isn't part of making your script work placing an FFC on the entrance screen?
    The ffc script only sets a couple global variables to it's arguments' values. The global script does the checking and "switching" or Guys. This is why if you don't set the ffc you'll end up with the last "Custom Guy" you used or as I am calling him now "0 Guy."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.41%
    Oh, ok. I guess that makes sense. It's definitely a very versatile script, since it only takes up one guy slot and you can set as many custom guys as you want, no?
    Please check out my current project, The Legend of Zelda: Trials of the Gods
    http://armageddongames.net/showthrea...ls-of-the-Gods
    Current release: V3.1 (Demo)

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by lineas View Post
    Oh, ok. I guess that makes sense. It's definitely a very versatile script, since it only takes up one guy slot and you can set as many custom guys as you want, no?
    Yeah, there is no limit. It doesn't actually change the NPC it just switches what tile and cset ABEI2 uses.

To be clear I never said FFCs can't carry over to Caves. I don't know if they can. What I said was that route would probably be more complicated and that setting an FFCs on the actual Cave wouldn't be very effective.

Thread Information