Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.78%
    Quote Originally Posted by babblingidiot View Post
    Sorry don't understand question. Nothing is working. and the wine route just causes my laptop to freak out. I can't do anything when I open the exe with wine, it loads and unable to do anything and have to do a hard shutdown(?)

Nothing is helping me get those paths accessible.
    I was summoning somebody that may be able to help.

I noticed in a lot of the walkthroughs that they were using ZC 2.1. Could the difference be between the 2.1 and the 2.50? And if so where would I find the 2.1 and does it also have a lenux version?

I am almost certain there is a tweak I need to do someplace but I don't know much about linux tweaks just yet. Haven't had to learn many.
    That's most likely the case. 2.1 was only for Dos and Windows. You can download it from zeldaclassic.com.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.44%
    I will just delete it and go find another game. I really don't want any windoze on my system. Already breaking my own rule with netflix... Thank you everyone. Off to find another that is appealing to the eye.

Is it very easy to switch these 2.10's and 1.92 to a 2.50?
    Just looked through some things and the ones that I haven't had issues with were the 2.50.. Thanks again. off on the hunt

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.78%
    I will just delete it and go find another game. I really don't want any windoze on my system. Already breaking my own rule with netflix... Thank you everyone. Off to find another that is appealing to the eye.

Is it very easy to switch these 2.10's and 1.92 to a 2.50?
    Just looked through some things and the ones that I haven't had issues with were the 2.50.. Thanks again. off on the hunt
    Could you not use a dos emulator?

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    Could you not use a dos emulator?
    I have had to learn a lot of things since I am a master at crashing computers but that is not one I understand in the least. And I would need a dummy manual to learn, I think

off to try Castle Haunt 3

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    @babblingidiot

Why was ZC 2.5 not working for you? What Linux do you have? 64 or 32 bit? I had it running on Mint, Crunchbang, and Ubuntu at one time or another. Saffith will have to confirm whether or not 64bit is unsupported, as I can't recall.

No other versions of ZC are really worth your time.

EDIT: JUst noticed you were talking about playing Dreams of Yesterday. Has that been completely updated for 2.5? I see @ShadowTiger was summoned he'd be the one to know since I think he was the one updating it. Have you tried other quests, specifically ones made for 2.5?

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.58%
    I can't imagine there are any issues with specific quests on specific platforms. Between different ZC versions, sure. 2.50 quests can be expected to work in 2.50. Older ones ought to, but I'm sure there are still some issues that affect a few quests. We do prefer to fix those when they turn up, though.

ZC doesn't work well in Wine or DOSBox, in my experience. Tends to crash a lot. I don't know if that's because of Allegro or ZC itself.

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.44%
    Sorry was off playing Castle Haunt 3. We have come to the conclusion that it is an issue when trying to play 2.1s quest in 2.5 software. I am using linux mint. And have dumped wine and chose to just stay with 2.5 quests. Not worth the headaches :) I've made it through several quests and never really paid attention to the version differences for ones I couldn't play 'til now.

While here I have a question about Castle Haunt 3. In chamber 2. I seem to have an extra key that I do not know where it goes. I have the bow. I think the other thing was the hookshot, bomb upgrade and maybe even the bigger wallet But where does this extra key go? I don't want to head off to the boss and miss something I really want. Any thoughts?

I need to say I am really sorry for the pissy attitude.
    Last edited by babblingidiot; 04-17-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.44%
    Ok, I don't have photo bucket or anything like that I can put images at to insert one It took me forever but in this video at minute marker 3:13 it shows a chest I don't recall getting and think this extra key has something to do with that. Ideas?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    I apologize for my tardiness. The latest version of Dreams of Yesterday is here. It's for ZC 2.5 Release Candidate 3. Or just use 2.5.1 I guess. I didn't see the original question or anything, but I'm assuming that it's letter-related? You can get an empty potion bottle by navigating the cave systems a little bit north of Pulcheria Village.

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.44%
    I am P.O.'d

zc.sav will not open this morning and will cause me to loose all my progress on several quests. can it be fixed?

It can find if but it can't open it. What is the malfunction here?

Thread Information