Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.3%

Boss Doesn't Spawn

Alright, I'm on the home stretch of my first quest, that I will be releasing soon. Everything is fixed, and it is running flawlessly, except for one thing. A select few bosses (including Ganon) do not spawn. Instead, the heart container is immediately available , and the door is open. It basically treats it as if it's dead. Can't wait to get my quest out, and any help would be appreciated!

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    While Ganon can be placed into the enemy list, he shouldn't (he can only be placed because it keeps the underlying code simple).

Instead, you should ensure that Ganon has the 'Ganon' enemy flag in the Enemy Editor (the default Ganon enemy has this set from the get-go) and then you should set the room type in the boss room as "Ganon".

I don't have an answer for the other bosses. Please tell us which bosses are having problems and what the screen flags of their rooms say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.3%
    Hello! Thanks for the response. I do not think the problem is not the bosses themselves, but rather the rooms that they are in. Any enemies placed in those rooms die. And I believe this is the same for Ganon, for I set that room type, and no dice.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.98%
    Quote Originally Posted by UnityAlex View Post
    Hello! Thanks for the response. I do not think the problem is not the bosses themselves, but rather the rooms that they are in. Any enemies placed in those rooms die. And I believe this is the same for Ganon, for I set that room type, and no dice.
    Did you set the DMap to "NES Dungeon", because Ganon room will only ever work on that map type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.3%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    Did you set the DMap to "NES Dungeon", because Ganon room will only ever work on that map type.
    Yes, I did. And the level numbers on the dmap are correct, too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.98%
    The only other things I can think of are if you set it to level 0, which I'm guessing you didn't, or you set it to a level number where you had already defeated enemies in another room flagged as a boss room (which stops enemies from spawning in ALL boss rooms of that level, or the Ganon room, even if it isn't flagged as a boss room itself).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.3%
    The only other things I can think of are if you set it to level 0, which I'm guessing you didn't, or you set it to a level number where you had already defeated enemies in another room flagged as a boss room (which stops enemies from spawning in ALL boss rooms of that level, or the Ganon room, even if it isn't flagged as a boss room itself).
    Ohhh... that is the reason. I was convinced that there could be multiple boss rooms. Also, is there any other way to make enemies not respawn? I want to have mini-bosses that stay dead.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.98%
    Ohhh... that is the reason. I was convinced that there could be multiple boss rooms. Also, is there any other way to make enemies not respawn? I want to have mini-bosses that stay dead.
    There's a flag in the enemy editor that makes specific enemies never respawn, you can easily use that for your minibosses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.3%
    There's a flag in the enemy editor that makes specific enemies never respawn, you can easily use that for your minibosses.
    Ok, thank you :)

Thread Information