Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%

Not A Bug Sideview Gravity Jump bug

I don't know if this has been posted, but Link cannot jump on half-walkable tiles in sideview gravity. Using the latest version of ZC. I was playing Super Metroid ZC edition where there are little bubble-like tiles that have have stairs formed, so link can't jump off of it. Link has to be on fully solid combo to jump.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%

Unverified Bug

Quote Originally Posted by cbailey78 View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted, but Link cannot jump on half-walkable tiles in sideview gravity. Using the latest version of ZC. I was playing Super Metroid ZC edition where there are little bubble-like tiles that have have stairs formed, so link can't jump off of it. Link has to be on fully solid combo to jump.

This is almost assuredly a bug in the scripts. The feather item would not have this problem, normally, but the IsOnSidePlatform() functions that are in common use report false when Link is more than halfway off a platform. Likewise, tiles without full solidity will probably return false with such functions, as they usually check Screen->ComboS[n] == 4, and return false otherwise.

I recall needing to make some fancy solidity checking platform functions for a sideview SMB engine that I had started making around three years ago...

For the Metroid quest, all the game engine things are custom, so, I'm pretty sure that this is not a ZC bug, but rather, something that is simply tedious to script properly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%
    As the creator of the quest in question, I can confirm what ZoriaRPG said. None of the jumping in that game uses the Roc's Feather. It all relies upon scripts. And a lot of those scripts have undergone severe refinement since that quest was made.

There are a lot of other things wrong with that quest, but that's neither here nor there.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.57%
    OnSidePlatform() should return true when halfway off a platform, at least. I've changed that.

Thread Information