@TheDarkOne @mrz84 @Xyvol
Sancireph, Zataka, and Malichor...
Having reunited as a trio, you three begin to discuss your options.
Sancireph rants that Telivar is to blame for everything and he needs to quickly meet with a painful death.
Malichor interrupts, explaining that the events that are transpiring here are not Telivar's fault alone but the consequence of ALL magic users. He goes on to detail how Toma's thesis describes the practice of magic as a series of rituals used to disguise a theft of reality.
Toma corrects him.
"Actually, I only explored the fact that magic works without the trappings of tradition."
He pauses for a moment.
"Wait, is that what's happening?"
Malichor corrects himself and says that Telivar told him about the theft of magic, a discovery he only learned upon being tainted during a dragon attack.
Zataka interrupts, saying that the priority now should not be placing blame but finding a way to safety for both yourselves and the bystanders you have encountered. He suggests opening a door to the exterior of the mansion.
Toma interrupts again:
"No, that won't work. Master Telivar is powerful but he isn't that powerful. In the misfire of his spell he's drawn us into this INTERSPACE, but I doubt it extends beyond the mansion grounds. The only way out is to counteract the spell, and the only person here powerful enough to do that would be Telivar himself"
Malichor points to the statue and asks 'What about him'? Toma shakes his head.
"All of this is just some figment... an echo from the ghost world. That's not a real wizard. It's just some terror given form by the properties of this place"
The merchant leader pipes up this time.
"Sir, I most certainly am NOT a figment, and I resent the implication. I am the great merchant chief Beymond Franks, renowned across the continent! And you and your supposed master are a couple of hapless wizards!"
[Act Medias Res]
Argument about the Colony
(Filled) {Zataka, Malichor}, (Closed) {Sancireph}
~~~~~
Zataka - Isn't the resemblance uncanny?
Malichor - Figments don't have mass.
~~~~~
[/Act Medias Res]
Toma shouts
"ENOUGH! We're not getting anywhere by arguing and each minute we spend here is causing more of the dragon corruption to leech into our bodies. Let's find a door and go to the master; then when this is all resolved you can do whatever you like. Leave, preferably."
He goes to one of the tents and throws the folds open. The opening leads to a swirling ellipsoid mass of book pages hovering above a bed in a small tavern room.
What do you do?

=====

@bigjoe
Jerias...
~~~~~
You can hear his thoughts as you focus on him.
"This is all wrong, this is all wrong. It was supposed to be MY gold, MY influence. It's too soon to go back, what is that rotten wizard thinking?"
He notices you and flies up.
"What are you doing here, dragoon? Oh, nevermind, you can help me either way."
You ask why the dragon was after the gold
"Well, outside of rolling around in it like a fluffy pile of snow? This gold reaches every corner of the world. Telivar has lots of connections and his business acumen is astounding. If I could just leave a trace of my influence on the gold before it goes out, then my reach would likewise cover the entire world!
...But the damn wizard had to go and get attacked by a different dragon. The wizard won't be a wizard for much longer and then this gold isn't going to go anywhere. And even if it did, it's got the stink of HIS magic on it, not mine. Dammit."
You ask what the dragon was hoping to achieve by spreading influence with the gold.
"You're one of us now... almost. You've felt it. The hunger; the need to feed the fire. We don't have to get by simply chomping smaller lives. There are other ways to warm the heart. And to be loved... well, it's much more pleasant than flossing sheep bones out of your teeth, if you know what I mean. That's what I want."
You mention that you were protecting him.
"That's different. I mean, you HAD to do that. Or at least you should have... I, uh, I kind of got the process wrong when I brought you back. But what was I supposed to do?! I hadn't even hatched yet, and you had the gall to die on top of me!"
You ask what he means.
"Making a lizardfolk is a very intricate process. It involves converting what you were in this dimension into the equivalent being you would have been in our dimension. But I didn't really know what I was doing, so you just sort of got mashed together."
He pauses for a moment.
"For what it's worth... I'm sorry I did this to you."
He looks at you.
"Not that you didn't deserve it, dying on top of me like that you big jerk!"
He seems uncomfortable with the direction the conversation has taken.
"Anyway, uh, whatever your name is... we should find that wizard and get him to stop casting this spell. I'm not comfortable being so close to the homefront at the moment, I haven't accomplished what I set out to do when I came over here and I don't want to be yanked back before I'm finished."
You tell him your name is Jerias.
"Nice to meet you, Jerias. I mean, the part of you that I didn't scramble like a bird's egg omelette. My name's Atticas."
You allow the little lizard to climb back into the sling on your back and, finished in the graveyard, you return to the HALL OF MIRRORS. Upon seeing the HAIL OF ARROWS your partner snickers and lets loose a bolt of green lightning from his mouth. It scatters the darts, knocking them to the floor and then disintegrating them until only one remains.
"Now then... where could that wizard be hiding?"
~~~~~
You make your way to the HEDGE MAZE, finding a statue of an ANGEL and an open section of hedge bizarrely leading into a COAL MINE. Looking beyond you can see the MAGE, the PALADIN, and a half-elf RAVAGER arguing about the lord of the mansion and the predicament they are in.
What do you do?

=====

@SUCCESSOR
Reven, the Phoenix departs with an inferno that envelops the room. As its flames lick the walls the malevolent shadows are dispelled. You feel much safer than you did before.
The AVIARY has at least four exits not counting the one you entered: Stairs that SHOULD go down to the WINE CELLAR, the door you originally took into the HALL OF MIRRORS, the door on the second floor which should lead to the LOBBY BALCONY, and a door you are unfamiliar with. Of course, with this dimension of monsters there's no way to know where ANY of these doors lead, but you feel tempted to try one.
What do you do?