219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    Goldleaf: Such spells as the one I just cast always leave me feeling hungry. I question the gnomish woman as to the price of her apple slices. "For you, sir mage, a copper for two slices." This seems a reasonable price and I buy six slices. As I eat, I feel some rejuvenation. Darkspace magic is always so draining on a wizard...perhaps that is why there a few practitioners of it. I notice the expression on Sancireph's face...something is not right. Did his eyes glow like that before? There is more to him than he lets on...he is no mere half-elf. (OOC, Goldleaf knows nothing of assimar)

Sancireph: I focus in on the nearer of the two celestial presences, the one from the nearby inn. There is something odd about this one, as though it were not a single being but rather more than one entity creating the presence. I also sense something infernal in this presence, and shift my focus away, as the infernal energy causes me pain. The two celestial presences are awakening my assimar side.--my eyes are starting to emit a golden glow. I focus instead on the presence on the docks, trying to discover if this celestial might have something to do with the pearl.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Granberia
    I smile. That was quite the display of magic. You must be a powerful wizard. Although if you get in my way again it might cost you your life. I tell him. That dragon will die eventually, but not until I seize it's fabulous hoard of treasure. See you around wizard.
    I walk off to the northwest heading towards...

GM Text Here.

Alisia
    I head to the docks and notice a paladins holy aura. I approach him. @mrz84

@CJC I will PM you later today about Granberia and Alisia and tthe goals and personalities. You made assumptions that are not true.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 09-13-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    I inquire on the what my comrades wish to do before we depart for the docks. We should make sure that we have everything we need before we board the boat as we could be at sea for some time. I suggest we quickly gather what we need and make haste for the boat. I seek out whatever provisions and whatnot that 1~3 people would need at sea for a voyage. I also purchase backpacks/whatever to carry them in. Once I confirm I have all we need, I locate my allies and depart for the boat.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    =====

@TheDarkOne
    Goldleaf,
    While you recover from the draining effects of the darkspace spell you stare at Sancireph, whose eyes are faintly glowing gold. It looks like he's casting some sort of spell, but you can't discern which school it's from (It's definitely not SCRY magic, which is your specialty. Could it be some kind of Phantom spell?). You follow him to the docks, where he begins a conversation with some high-seas PIRATE CAPTAIN.
    It seems like he's trying to arrange transport for the three of you. You wonder why he doesn't ask for another teleport, but then consider that perhaps a trans-oceanic wyrmhole would be beyond your prowess. Instead you close your eyes and focus on the box, plying scry magic to see if the vision has changed. It appears to be the same ship, but the thing is in much worse shape than the last time you saw it. Ruined by cannon blast, it seems. Claw marks are more severe; whatever you are tracking has made its home in this place. There are other damaged ships nearby and you see evidence of a coral reef. Is it some kind of pirate graveyard? As you try to catch a closer glimpse, a vision of some ANGELIC FIGURE interrupts your spell. There's a woman behind you. From her clothes you discern she is a BAR MAID. She seems to be speaking to that Paladin... what was his name? Zataka? Yeah, that's the one.
    What do you do?

Sancireph,
    As you make your way to the dock you come to recognize the form of the celestial energy drawing you in. Unfortunately it is not the pearl. Rather, it is a pirate: a human woman with bright red hair and a dark sun-worn complexion. You catch a brief glimpse of her eyes, which flash gold as you approach, before they revert to their normal green. She seemed just as pained by your approach as you were by the presence in the inn. It's odd, though... you haven't encountered any other Aasimar since you started this journey and it is bizarre one would pick a profession as debaucherous as piracy.
    "Can I help you? We're busy stocking up for an archaeological expedition." She says. She's lying.
    You ask if you can commission her ship.
    "Do I look like a chauffeur? I'm already on business for a very important client."
    She taps her pockets playfully. It looks like she expects some sort of bribe.
    What do you do?

=====

@Tamamo
    Granberia,
    As you walk away, you pause. You ask where he sent the dragon anyway.
    "Let's just say, with her destroyed wings it would be a long walk to get back here."
    You ask about the pearl in her chest.
    "The what now?"
    The pearl, the pearl!
    "What pearl?"
    The pearl in her chest! That flaming red thing that was pulsing in her bosom when she attacked the mansion.
    "Huh, that sounds like those orbs in the aviary. Come to think of it, I DID notice one was missing earlier. They're dragon things?"
    You scoff. Of course they're dragon things.
    "Those were trophies my dad made. Geez, that was a long time ago. I don't know what they're for, but I guess I should get rid of the rest if they attract dragons."
    You pause at this statement. Hmm... if the pearl in her chest was attracting her to the others in the mansion, perhaps those two are fragmented pieces of a single pearl as the Veridian stones of Audamar were pieces of Cecette's pearl. If she's mutating into another dragon, you could use the remaining two fragments as bait to draw her out. You redirect to Telivar's mansion to help yourself to the remaining two stones, but pause once more before leaving.
    "I know what you want to know. Which way did she go. Well, here's a hint: wrymholes preserve direction, they only ever remove or introduce space between two points."
    AHA! He must have sent her to the west! You can see a port city in the distance, he may have sent her across the ocean.
    You ask if he'll assist you in the pursuit and capture of the dragon.
    "Are you nuts? Why do you think I sent it away? I don't want anything to do with that thing."
    You tell him if he will not come willingly he will come as your prisoner.
    "Cute." He snickers.
    You, however, are not amused. Razing several trees for fuel you prepare an intense burst of flames and engulf him. He vanishes in a dervish of ash, disintegrated by your attack. But something's... off. You don't smell any burnt flesh. Instead, the refreshing scent of PUMPKIN PIE wafts through the air. On the ground where he stood you see a pair of lilies which look like eyes, and a blood red rose which looks like a tongue sticking out at you. Drat, you've heard of this before: damn HEDGE WIZARD MAGISTERS know how to grow copies of themselves. Oh well, it was still fun incinerating him.
    You make your way back to Telivar's mansion and enter the front door. Descending the stairs you follow a pair of parrots into an AVIARY, where you see two unclaimed red stones matching the one you placed within CECETTE. These you plunder before departing to the west.
    You make good time, despite the distance. You know how to draw energy from the world around you, so you use the wild wood powers of the fields to give you the speed of flame. Within an hour you arrive at the port town of SIEGBERT.
    The market is bustling but they give you a wide berth as you walk. They see your draconic features and assume you must be some form of dragoon, corrupted by the touch of your prey. Bah! Dragoons are toddlers with toothpicks compared to you!
    There's an inn nearby, the only building with any real architectural integrity in the port. The rest seem particularly sheep-shack, positioned on piers to protect their foundations from floods as the tide comes in and out. The docks are also visible from here: there are three ships in port at the moment.
    You'll need a means of crossing the sea.
    What do you do?

Alisia,
    You feel the familiar warmth of heavenly light, and through Navine's eyes you can see that it is the pulsing aura of a PALADIN. More specifically you sense that he is a traveler just as you. How is it he was able to touch this dimension without distortion? Your attention is drawn to the AMULET around his neck; it is radiating a particularly potent form of energy which is enshrouding him in a pocket of his own dimension's physics. What a potent artifact! What gives it the strength to defy this reality so consistently? Turning your focus more intently on the device you can see that it is throbbing in pain. While it is desperate to protect him, extended exposure is causing IT to warp to this world's laws. It is also twisted in the folds of several other dimensions. The object appears to be maintaining its integrity by keeping a connection open between walking realities: ...this man is a walking tear!
    You notice that you've forced Navine to stare at this man impolitely for several minutes. He appears to have noticed as well. He asks if he can help you.
    Instinctually Navine asks where he got the amulet, as she has fixated on it by your command. You eagerly await his reply.
    If he can maintain a consistent tear, perhaps he can assist you in the acquisition of your old form, or the separation of that despicable Lilith from this poor witch's body. Just being near him fills you with the familiar warmth of celestial light.
    What will you do?

=====

@mrz84
    Zataka,
    You procure three barrels of fresh water and six of salt-packed meats, which should be sufficient rations for three for a trip across the ocean. These you place in a man-drawn cart which you pull to the dock. Normally it would be a two-person job, but, well, you're a paladin and you have tremendous strength. You also set up nine sets of traveler rations which you can distribute among your companions, ensuring the barrels need not be opened unless the trip goes long.
    You find Goldleaf and Sancireph at the docks. Goldleaf seems to be in some manner of trance, and Sancireph appears to be making arrangements for travel with a SHIP CAPTAIN (she's giving him the salesman shuffle, actually).
    Suddenly, you notice that a woman is staring at you. She appears to be some kind of BARMAID, perhaps from the inn in town. You wonder if perhaps you dropped something.
    "Tell me, where did you get that amulet?" she asks.
    What do you do?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    I explain it was a gift from wife before I left on a journey (I leave out that it was blessed by the gods of my world to protect me on my journey, as well as allow me to travel across time and space, at least I leave it out for the time being). While curious as to why a random stranger is interested in my pendant, I remain on guard and remain protective of my pendant. Without it I would be unable to ever return to my own world. And that is a fate I would find unacceptable above all else.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Granberia
    I take a big whiff, and a scrowl washes over my face. I smell you Paladin. I follow the scent and attempt to kick @mrz84 in the butt. I cross my arms and glare at him. Do you realize what you have done. By giving me the wrong stone which caused me to put the wrong pearl inside CECETTE you have unleashed a terrible monster upon us all warrior. In fact I'm lucky to be alive. That dragon is feared even amung other Crimson dragons, he is nothing less then a Serial Killer. I already spoke with TELIVAR and he gave me these two CRIMSON PEARLS we can use them to attract him. Then we will kill him and reap the rewards. I will also be taking the VERIDIAN STONE off your hand at the end of this journey.

Keep reading Zataka

Alisia
    I close my eyes and open an form a telepathic link with the DemonLady inside the BAR MAID.

"I want to make a deal with you. Lilith"

"You don't say Fallen One! I Am all about deals! Name your request, the price is only eternal damnation! Your already half way there anyways!"

"What if If I became your conduit, and you set this woman free. Just don't expect me to sleep with anyone."

"Hmm... an interesting exchange, I'll get back to you later. Let me sleep on it for a day or two."

"Very well."

I seal myself off my Lilith once more. and form a telepathic link with the Paladin. Follow me must discuss something about that bar maid. You sense a CELESTIAL aura from here.

I walk off stopping to look down at my Holy Rapier and grimace.

"It's already starting to burn my thigh, am I making the wrong choice here?" I think to my self.

What do you do Zataka
    Last edited by Tamamo; 09-21-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    Hesitant to listen to the voice, I follow. If only to hear what is said.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    @mrz84

As we walk I send the Paladin another telepathic message.

"At ease Zataka, I watched you from the heavens for a long time. If my fall from grace bothers you, don't worry. I seek atonement. Which is also part of the reason I need to speak with you."

I stop and turn around and start speaking.

"She's a witch, and a powerful demon has entranced her with beauty and power. Her name is Lilith, I believe she may be of the Demonlord class but I am not sure. I mainly crossed my blade with devils.

I have a plan to set her free from her damnation. But the price is high or so Lilith thinks I say with a smile as I pull out a scroll.

This is a high level banishment spell. If casted at the right time we can send her back from which she came but she must cross from one person to the next less we kill the host. I already spoke to Lilith and offered myself as a more appropriate host. Currently my mind is sealed off from here so she does not know I'm having this conversation. I shall teach you the same skill."

I put my index finger on your forehead and holy energy envelops you.

All done. It works like a barrier of sorts that prevents specified individuals from sensing are presence as well as access to your mind. Also, be sure you keep that amulet safe and out of her reach. There's power in it. I can sense it myself.

"Also about the Dragonkin what she says is neither truth nor lie but a bit both. Yes a great monster has been unleashed. But he is not at full power. She plans to give him the other two stones I believe. Unlike most dragons, ARSONIUS was split in three. His body, mind, and spirit severed and forced into three pearls. The amount of malice coming from those stones rivals the Orcus himself. They should of been destroyed generations ago. Why they still exist is a great danger to history it self.

I take it your going after her?

In that case I shall assist you. It'll be a few days before I hear back from Lilith anyways, and I still need to come up with a back up plan in case she manages to set herself free while I'm gone.

What do you say? Got room for one more on your boat? And don't worry about the rations, I got you covered."

*smiles*
    Last edited by Tamamo; 09-21-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    Goldleaf:
    Ignoring the paladin and barmaid for now, I listen in on the conversation between the pirate captain and Sancireph. He wants to purchase passage for the three of us, but it seems that she wants more than mere gold. I don't know Sancireph's financial situation but I have something that may interest the woman. An enchanted short sword that I picked up in my travels. I am not skilled in the use of such a weapon, but I thought to sell it. I move closer to the woman and show her the sword, asking if she will accept that in exchange for our passage. Her eyes linger on the weapon--whether or not she can sense its enchantment I am not certain, but she can clearly see the craftsmanship. She appears to be considering the offer but I sense she might be trying to decide if she should ask for more. Sancireph glances at the weapon also, but seems indifferent He probably senses the enchantment but prefers his own blades. Before the woman gives us an answer, I see the flash of gold in Sancireph's eyes again and he swiftly turns around, his gaze fixed on the barmaid with Zataka. What is it about her? Attractive she may be, but his interest in her seems to have nothing to do with that.

Sancireph:
    I negotiate with the woman but she laughs off any offer of gold I make. I have offered he the highest amount I can afford and it is still not enough. I begin to think we may have to find another ship but then Goldleaf offers her a well-made short sword. It seems also to be enchanted, and if this woman is a fellow assimar she must know it, also. Before any further negotations can be made, I sense the other presence from before and whirl around. It seems to be coming from Zataka's direction...or more specifically, the bar maid he is speaking with. There is definitely a celestial presence in her, but something else as well. I don't know yet what she is, but aasimar she is not.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    @TheDarkOne

All of the sudden a familiar face of Dragankin you saw back at the Dwarven Outpot turns towards you with a smirk.

"Well looks whose here. If it ain't the warrior you sure are hot on the Dragon's tail. I was rude before and didn't properly introduce myself. I am Granberia, Swordswoman of Fire."

She eyes your Oriental Blades, as if she is reminiscing of her past.

"Interesting blades, not everyday do I see those; but even more interesting are those eyes of yours. I don't see many elves with golden eyes like myself. Very interesting indeed. I must thank you for the red stone btw. You've made my job much easier. Take care of yourself elf, see you on the ship"

Granberia teleports out of sight.

What do you do Sacrieph?
    Last edited by Tamamo; 09-24-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Thread Information