0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.47%

Hello world

Hey everyone!

I got an e-mail from someone a couple days ago (I assume ctrl-alt-delete?) asking about how I was doing. To be honest, it took me by surprise, and I had to see what's up. It's been a while... four years at least since I last logged on and probably another four years before that that I was really active. Surprised me how quickly the time went by. I registered on this website 12 years ago this Halloween. I can't think of anything on the internet that I've known that long, except maybe Google.
    I squirreled around a bit before posting just to see who was still here. It's remarkable that so many of the same faces are still around. I can remember many late nights on this site and in chat, passionately discussing so many pointless topics. I'm a bit sad that those days are behind me but I'm glad to see that the site is still here for others to enjoy. AGN was a very substantial part of my life for many years and I would hate to have seen it disappear like so many other fleeting things on the internet.

So what have I been up to?... Well, life is honestly pretty great. My wife Jen and I have now been married for 8 years this past august, though we've been together for 13. We have a very happy marriage and are currently going through the process of buying a house (we've made an offer and it's been accepted, our lawyers are working out the contract right now. We hope to be in by the end of november if all works out).

I have a son who is now 7 years old. His name is Daniel and of course he's awesome. He's really into Sonic the Hedgehog, Transformers, Legos and all sorts of other things that I was into when I was a kid. He's in second grade now, taking Karate, and is excellent at video games. He looks just like me. We’ve tried a few times to have another child but so far have been unsuccessful. We lost two pregnancies – one last year and one this year. Some of the most difficult times to go through, and if we didn’t have such a strong, loving marriage, I don’t know how we would have gotten through it. Those of you who know me, know I’ve never been a religious person, but I have always know that I am truly blessed for what I have.

I have a great job at a building supply. I started there many years ago- back in 2001 as a stock boy. I worked there for about 6 years, and became a key part of the business, but never really thought about making a career out of it, mostly because it was a mom and pop store and the family ran the business. In 2006 I left to run my own screen repair business for a couple years, which was moderately successful. In 2008 an investment group bought the building supply, and asked me to come back to work for them. Now it’s few years later and I'm running the place. All modesty aside, I’m pretty good at my job. ☺ I’ve got a good career with a solid company, a bright future, and I’m appreciated for what I do. Not everyone can say that – especially out of those of us who didn’t go to college. I’m proud of it.

I’m also really proud to see that my ZC.com design is still there. I poured my heart into that site and the QDB and I’m glad it’s still functioning. I’m sure it needed some maintenance over the years, and I want to thank whomever took over the responsibilities. It’s funny, back in the day we were always paranoid about Nintendo coming in and tearing the site down for copyright infringement. I would guess that now that it’s been up for over a decade, and there have been plenty of re-releases of the original Zeldas during that time, it’s probably not on their radar of threats. That’s definitely good news!

I don’t spend much time on the internet anymore. I’m not a facebook person, though I do have an account to keep in touch with a few friends and family. At the same time that I left AGN, I pretty much backed off of the internet entirely – it was consuming a lot of my time – too much of my time. Between AGN, my own site afterblur.com, webbeddesigns.com – a design company I attempted to start, and the countless hours and hours I would spend online every night… it got to be way too much. I guess I got burned out. I left the internet behind and haven’t really looked back. It sounds like a really hard thing to do, but It was a release I needed and it’s given me the time to move on to a lot of other things “IRL”. Sometimes I miss the time in chat rooms, and repeatedly refreshing forums to see the next post in a conversation… but it’s rare. It was a point in my life that I remember fondly, but I don’t think I could ever do it again.

I’m glad I had a chance to stop in and say Hi. It was a bit of a battle… the e-mail addresses I used to set up this account I don’t even use anymore! It took a lot of resetting passwords to figure it out, but here I am. It’s funny - it just so happens that the e-mail I mentioned above couldn’t have come at a better time. I had surgery on Tuesday of this week and I’ll be laid up for another couple weeks. I have a little bit of free time to kill, so what the hell - might as well see what’s up with AGN! Don’t worry, the surgery went fine, and I’ll be up and kicking in no time.

If you remember me from way back when, I would love to hear how you are doing. I’m sure you’re all “doing good” but give me some details. It’s kinda like a high school reunion for me. What are you up to? How has life treated you? Jobs/Family? I would love to know. Please share your stories!

I can’t promise that I will be around much to post and reply, but I would love to read your stories and catch up on your lives. Don’t be shy, please share. I’ll poke my head in from time to time to see what’s up.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the memories. Much love and best wishes.

Your God (lol), Eckels

<Eckels> 70% of all statistics are made up on the spot
    <moocow> really?

<Eckels> it's funnier and safer if i dont use my real penis

[13:58] <Breaker\idiot> im not an idiot, eckels

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.31%
    Good to see you after so long!

Been mostly busy at work, but I've started working on my stuff on my deviantart gallery this year. And get sleep. So far no dic on that one. 2/3 isn't half bad I guess.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.49%
    This is the most important return of an old member yet. I say so.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.65%
    Good to see you Eckels! It sounds like you're doing really well.

In the last 8 years, I've been to Iraq twice, gotten married, got out of active duty Army, gone back to school, and now work as an IT support guy for public safety operations. I'm about 3 semesters out from graduating and I can't be any more excited to see the end of it.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.66%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    [opens agn]
    [sees post by Eckels]

my god, it's 2002 again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.26%
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckels View Post
    my own site afterblur.com
    I remember that.

Its too bad I never made much more of that project.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.09%
    Oh my God, finally! I've been trying to find you for probably two years. It was by shear luck that I stumbled upon another email address when manually sorting through every member and tried it out. Haven't read your full post, hoping to get a response in before you're gone forever. Glad to hear you're doing well. Drop in every once in a while!
    Last edited by ctrl-alt-delete; 10-20-2012 at 11:38 PM.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.84%
    welcome back. stay.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    Hey Eck,

It has been quite awhile. I think I stopped being active before you left. I think I know more about you now than when we used to chat back in the day. That isn't to say I don't remember anything about you. I remember you and your girlfriend(apparently wife now, Congrats!) shared a stealthy and truly sappy acronym. I've got a 5 year old girl and a fiancee. Still working like a mule when I can, though when we last talked I was probably a jobless teenager. Welcome back. You should stop in chat sometime. Also join the AGN facebook group, http://www.facebook.com/groups/armageddongames/

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    ( <-- BH4 )

Hello hello again, Eckels! Very wonderful to hear from you. I'm overjoyed that you're doing so well, and so enthusiastically so. There is no greater gift than loving what you do, and being in an environment that enables and empowers oneself to love it so.

Thread Information