Quote Originally Posted by cbailey78 View Post
It would be nice to have ZC community strictly for 30+ members. It seems like the world is really coming down. "When the world is running down" by the Police!
Funny, I had once discussed starting a forum only for that audience. While that is clearly not the specific target of openzc.org, but the early 1980s themes both on the site and in the new software, do at east nod back toward that old notion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
I still haven’t totally figured out ZQuest, let alone scripting. I did one cool thing, though. I was playing around with one of the remakes of the first quest and hid the fire boomerang somewhere. All I will say is that makes one of the hints you get from the old men mean something a little different.
Play Origin from DFW.

There is a lot of constant bickering about the 'future' of ZC. Given that I'm executive producer at this point, the net for our target audience is substantially wider, if for no better reason than to to justify my expenses. I want to target people who like software like Pico-8, hommebrew NES era coders, and provide an alternative for commercialware such as RPGMaker, and something comparable to GM )or better than GM_ for 8-bit or 16-bit style game development.

Spoiler: show
What expenses? Just this month alone, I'm about the USD$1,000 that I'm going to need to she out for a completed open assets set. It never ends, and no-one else finances this stuff. I frankly wish that we had community donations, but until we free ourselves of infringing properties, we legally can't do that; an d as in the past three years not one person was willing to work with us on a fully open tileset specifically to meet our needs, we need to pay for artists.

Perhaps once this is all done, we can set up a donations page to reimburse some expenses, and to pay for stuff such as the not effectively mandatory security keys to register the software so that malware scanners don't blacklist it. That mates, is not cheap.