This is a repost from pure but just incase that doesn't reach you... Zoria, would entries that didn't make it in previous contests be considered?

I know of two very challenging quests that didn't make it in their day but I think they are very good quality. In one of them the author is now deceased and the other is inactive. If it is permitted, I would submit those quests on their behalf (I would take no credit of course). They gave implicit consent for their work to be put in a contest because they submitted it for previous contests. Only issue is that they aren't made for the build you specified and they are password protected. But if they win, I'm sure that you can modify their quest for the purpose of making it compatible with 2.53 and they wouldn't have minded.

Speaking of winning, perhaps it would be more appropriate in our times to have a normal mode winner and a hero mode winner. Two quests can win. There are plenty of people who like a more relaxed form of the game and there are plenty of people who enjoy a more challenging form of the game. It would show that although no individual quest maker makes quests to accomodate for both, the quest-making community as a whole does provide for both