Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.98%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    frame_rest_suggest just gives back CPU if >= 1. This prevents 100% CPU usage; for example when streaming or recording/whatever. The problem is allegro timers are not uniform across all OS or Windows versions, and with every new version of Windows their "compatability layers" keep getting worse and worse.

The good news is that VLC is open source so I can dig around there if need be.

I'm confused though: Is the FPS too high or too low?

(PS1: ZoriaRPG, is _WIN32 macro set in your compiler settings, or just WIN32? [both should be])
    (PS2: frame_rest_suggest you can just leave at 0. Probably should be made the default on WIN8/WIN10)
    I thought that his FPS were dropping to ¬30 when VLC was either open, or running. It could have been the latter, and caused by a highly fragmented--or dying!!--HDD for all I know. I need more data fropm the OP, but he's using 2.50.2, not 2.53+, so it's not MSVC here--possibly elsewhere.

What file should I check for those definitions? I'm pretty sure that both are set, but I may as well verify that.

On the subject of framerate drops, apparently displaying the current FPS rate causes ZC Player to tank, and lose as much as 50% of its performance. I'm not yet sure why, as I haven't had time to look at it, but we'll need to eventually address some of these things, especially once I migrate the video bitmap to 32b OGL and start performing an intermediate blit--next version! (AL)

frame_rate_suggest = 0 is the default now, AFAIR.

I also need to rewrite the debug console, to use the newer w32 API, as when I compile using MSVC17/w10, it no longer works.

Thread Information