vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.94%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    What the heck is dmisc?? I saw this in enemy class:

Code:
        long dmisc1, dmisc2, dmisc3, dmisc4, dmisc5, dmisc6, dmisc7, dmisc8, dmisc9, dmisc10, dmisc11, dmisc12, dmisc13, dmisc14, dmisc15;
    The enemy class keeps on getting bigger! Ahhhh!!!

..Seriously though, no clue.
    I have already pushed those to ZScript, and I was going to add fields for them in the EE; as users do whine about being out of attribs for scripts, and these were there all along

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
    Yeah, you're pretty much know what your doing now. I may be stubbon but i'm not oblivious.
    When I say something is impossible, it clearly means it's only impossible for me.

Also, have you tried looking at the unimplemented enemies to see what can be done with them.
    As far as I'm concerned. We can just swap out NPC_WALKING and NPC_STANDING. But it would be nice to see about adding the others, since sprites for those do exist in the classic tileset, and other tilesets as well.
    I have not done anything with unimplemented types, and the reason is simple: I want to make as much of this work for the enemy types that exist in the engine (visible to the user) as possible, before compounding the job by adding more stuff to support later. I mean, if we are going with script-based npcs, why add more hardcoded npcs to the engine? Adding all of these class vars may also be a bit silly, but it will at least be usable in the next major release, whilst npc scripts, may not.

Some of these unimplemented enemies, such as Wizrobe (ice), don't need to exist as a specific enemy category. Adding an ice weapon and giving npcs access to it, is a far better solution. It also requires adding ice combo effects to the engine itself. :/ At least, I would think of ice magic affecting floors, in the same way as Trinexx does; and possibly Stun Link on contact.

I have no clue what 'standing' npcs were meant to do, unless they were intended to charge Link in LoS. There are no notes anywhere to aid in the archaeology.
    @Dimentio is the one who wanted to add wholly new npcs to the hardcoded base. I think that doing that is a long-term kludge, but everything relating to adding npcs hinges on npc scripts. I don't mind adding ptterns, move types, and other class values that can be used later anyway, but adding hardcoded movement that is not a pattern type to select; that can be applied to generic npcs, is another matter.

Are there any specific types that you want working?

Thread Information