Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
I would expect setting the counter directly through script for it to behave like the variable it is. I would expect that letting the game handle adjusting the counter to behave as it should.

That's what we have drain counters, right?
THat's true. I wish that people used them, but one reason they do not, is that say, you want to write Game->DCounter[CR_RIUPEES] -= 10000;

Who long do you want to head that sound and watch the counter go down? Writing to Game->counter instantly applies the change.

Let me try this: Who can make a case for rollover being useful, or beneficial, in the context of counters?
@DarkDragon , @Grayswandir , and I all seem to agree that rollover in the counters is irrational.

We can always make it a rule or setting. I could put it in ffrules[], or add a global bit for it. I just don;t see the point of doing that, unless there is a very good reason for it.

Likewise, I would like to see cases against both longs as counters, and signed values; as I do not see an issue with any of these, based on what we now have. We already trim bits off of the word to make counters work with DCounter, which is signed.