I'm against coalescing ZScript/Zasm/ and angelscript (hereby referred to as "AS") into some kind of hideous amalgamation (at least initially), mainly due to the fact that AS will have no compatibility concerns or other integration nightmares to worry about. Pounding on the keyboard with a free mind can be a powerful tool after all. :) The 18-bit "fixed" experiment that is a ZScript integer/float/bool is going the way of the dinosaurs though. If anything ever needs to interact with allegro's fixed it can be done in c++ code.

Since everyone has their own agendas for now, I think I'll just start it and see where it goes. I believe I have the most experience with AS ((I've used it for 2 projects in the past) and I don't particularly like getting into theoretical arguments so we'll just see what happens. I'm a bit rusty with AS however, so it's not like there's going to be a new script setup overnight; the bindings alone can be very time consuming. I will "play nice" with everyone and not integrate into ZC anything into the main branch, so there's no fears of extra libraries or anything that will affect what anyone else is doing, so no one has to worry about it.

The priority at first is getting all the basic stuff together and have the compiler to be separate from ZQ so that eventually scripts can be modified on-the-fly--I imagine a scripter writing a script while testing it in ZC and then just pressing 'R' and within a second it can recompile the scripts for them. We'll see how hard this is in practice. I'll have to look into how the module system in AS might work with this as well, so there's enough preliminary stuff to get out of the way before anything major.