Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
Fun fact, it's not just about system counts. Such as the combo alias editor being fucking awful.
We need it so you dont need different combo alias for different csets on different layers etc.
i would much rather use check boxes or something to select which csets are not changeable and which ones are.
You could cut combo alias tree usuage by 1/2 to 1/4 alone doing that depending on tileset.
Certainly, the editor itself has issues. Drawing the things to layers, and their general clunky handling, is why I don't bother with them. I can comprehend why someone thought that setting a default layer pattern for them would be good, but a new class of objects, grouped combos, might be better, aye. Hell, look at the editor. It doesn't even appear visually finished. Radio buttons and pulldowns with no context; huzzah.

I mostly favour upping counts so that future exansion is easier; and adding some generic var arrays to classes, for the same reason. At least the combo class has expansion[6], which I believe is wholly unused. I was thinking of using one of those indices to define Expanded combo types, but some of the base types that I feel it would be good to define will need some additional properties, which means changing the class itself to accommodate them.