Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.84%
    Quote Originally Posted by Lüt View Post
    Currently, there's a limit of 2048 entries for aliases.

Would it be possible to expand this?

Most expansions I've seen have been doubles (i.e. 256 to 512 enemies), so how about 4096 aliases?

I mean, for my own purposes, 3072 would be comfortable, but I have no idea what numbers would be easiest to work with on the programming side of things, so maybe most expansions have been doubles for a reason... (?)

(And, as per the sticky topic, the suggestion is for the next "maintenance release" (2.50.3?), in case that wasn't the default assumption.)
    There is no specific reason that expansion shave been a PO2 doubling, other than standard programming logic to think in powers of two. What is your application for combo aliases, that you have expended them all?

If increased, I would try to set this sort of thing up as a standard value, along with the other combo placement modes. Quite frankly, I would think that users more easily run out of tiles, than anything else. I know that I, and a few others have certainly done that, because we use an unsigned short for them. Given the data width of a tile, I see the sense in limiting them for quest packaging, but because we compress that data, and unused space should be 0, I also see the 'nonsense' in it.

Combo aliases are the same sort of deal. I'd rather hear the rationale both for, and against a change here.

I'm not against this change, despite that I rarely use the things, mostly because I'm senile and forget to use them. We may as well get all out filepack revisions done in one pass; but it will not be in a maintenance release (e.g. 2.50.3), as this would pose compatibility concerns within a series of releases that should be avoided.

I'd like to add some extra padding into the filepack to support changes within a series, in the future. I would be in favour of increasing all the system counts, if they do not gravely, adversely affect file size.

Thread Information