178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.8%
    GTK GUI work (Saffith 1737--1738, 1746, 1750, 1753--1755, 1758, 1761, 1808, 1810, 885132d51fa50c76f0707c1ab5a2804f7717adcb)
    The GUI stuff was not well thought out from the start and made worse by poorly adapting to changing plans and priorities. That more than anything

SFX refactoring (incomplete) (Saffith 1712)
    It's definitely worth having an SFX class in some form. Trying to figure out which sounds to stop looping has probably led to more random crashes than anything else, and I'm sure there are still cases where sounds should stop but don't (two were just fixed for 2.50.3).
    It's trivial, though, and probably easier to write a new class than integrate the existing one. And there's no reason to have a manager class. That was just silly.

Sprite and enemy code cleanup (Saffith 1768--1771)
    There's a lot of dummy data that's totally unused, and it's certainly worth removing. Mostly trivial, but there are a couple of things in dummy_int[] and dummy_bool[] that are actually used, and those need to be accounted for.

Tweak of border at which weapons die (Saffith 1767)
    That might be worth keeping, and maybe even exposing to ZScript.

Refactoring of persistent item effects; sparkles (Saffith 1777-1779)
    The sparkle stuff is worth doing. It's ridiculous for LinkClass to handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    We need to refactor ffc code away from mapscr before the next version release though, as it can consume hundreds of megabytes of RAM and is by far the best "non-bug" fix available (Seriously, were you guys smoking crack back then or something?! ). ~See the memory consumption thread in coding issues.
    I did a big chunk of that already for 2.50.3; all the FFC script data was separated out, and there's now a single, global instance. The data for the FFCs themselves could still be handled better, but that's significantly harder.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    Also I believe that some of Zoria's changes need Allegro 4.4, and since 4.4 also fixes some hardware issues, I suppose we may as well switch over. I'll keep working on that.
    Oh, speaking up which, I added the Allegro fixes to 4.4. Here are the altered files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kegi0zcymg...fixed.zip?dl=0

The changes to alsa9.c are already part of 4.4.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.18%
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post

Oh, speaking up which, I added the Allegro fixes to 4.4. Here are the altered files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kegi0zcymg...fixed.zip?dl=0

The changes to alsa9.c are already part of 4.4.
    Saffith, have you compiled using these changes with the 4.4 libs?

Thread Information