Ok, do you want to start by merging in your drawing changes (08c176a3bbcd5e796e7daa6dfa659c0ae9162660, fb71098d45f27767947123fbe2d6fd6350b2a80b)? Those seem pretty clearly useful.

As for ZoriaRPG's changes, from looking at the posts in this forum and the discussion on GitHub they seem to fall into several categories
- very useful new commands that fill in holes in the current implementation
- marginal new features that I'm not clear are really needed, but don't object to, provided they are very thoroughly tested (e.g. function pointers)
- unfinished/buggy changes that "crash ZC instantly"
- changes that would be a mistake to introduce because they severely limit how much we can change the ZC backend in the future.

Because there are so many changes and they are of different levels of usefulness, I don't think it is a good idea to try to merge them all in at once. I think your drawing commands are highest priority. I trust you to then look through his changes and pick out the useful/working stuff, but would prefer they were added (and tested!) in one small chunk at a time.

Also I believe that some of Zoria's changes need Allegro 4.4, and since 4.4 also fixes some hardware issues, I suppose we may as well switch over. I'll keep working on that.

We need to refactor ffc code away from mapscr before the next version release though, as it can consume hundreds of megabytes of RAM and is by far the best "non-bug" fix available (Seriously, were you guys smoking crack back then or something?! ). ~See the memory consumption thread in coding issues.
Hey don't look at me! :) That was (slightly) before my time. I completely agree that the FFC refactoring and script context pool stuff is high priority, though.