Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
Could've sworn VLAs were allowed by the standard, but, yeah, seems to be compiler-specific. Maybe better not to do that, then. I've only tried it on GCC on Linux.
There are two or three arrays like that. They used to be fixed-size, but they were too small, and I found lots of buttons not responding. I didn't really look at what the code was doing beyond the array size.
Well, does VC2015+ not support it? All recent builds of gcc should. How about code::blocks?

It's probably goin to be supported more readily in coming years, so maybe adding some compiler definitions could work, too, but IDK. It depends how important it is.

I read up on this three years back, as it was something that I wanted to be able to do. (In fact, I'd love to add variable-sized arrays to the scripting language, as it's very useful, IMO.)
@Gleeok : I would be willing to help, if I can. I wanted to add some other joystick code to 2.54 anyway. I think our present input support leaves much room for improvement, new back end, or otherwise.