Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    I just wanted to point out that this is exactly what has happened since you left. The simple fact that you don't see any users saying things like "Works only with XXX version of ZC" anymore I think proves this. :) In fact, I've been sorta semi-retired from general bug-fixing for some time due to the fact that it has remained stable. :)

The worst bugs currently (I believe) are from Windows 10 DirectX layer, Windows 10 drivers, and/or general Windows shenanigans. For example; someone said that ZC mega-lags unless they are playing a youtube video in the background. Stuff like this.
    (Emphasis, mine.)

Bah? I have win10 installed, and I've tested ZC and ZQuest, encountering no such issues. It must be either a video driver conflict, or some kind of malware in that case?!.

Neither ZC, nor ZQuest seem to run differently on Win10, than they did on Win7, on this hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    First I've heard of it. I was doing that, and it seemed to be working fine, but then we stopped doing that. Maybe for a reason, but I don't even know anymore.

I don't know what any part of that means.
    I think you had implied in the past that something I had done didn't have proper abstraction? I just want to make certain that setter/getter functions that return something like bool throttleFPS aren't a problem.

Well, tell them to come to the forums. I'm not accepting secondhand complaints. I really don't like you being the representative of some horde of anonymous users.
    Oh, I have. I can't even get people to sign in here, that have accounts to make flipping bug reports. They send them to me, over Skype, and ask me to file them.

This is precisely why I've been pushing for bug and dev forums on Pure, as pretty much everyone who could be discussing these things, getting involved, and reporting issues is over there. ---->

I don't actually enjoy relaying everyone else's concerns, you know; nor being left to defend their interests solely. They should just stop being lazy, and sign up, or sign in here, but you know, that isn't going to happen. I'm sort of tired of being the gopher for every complaint, problem, and general issue, too. For my own purposes, I an always crank out a version of ZC that does what I need it to do, and not worry about it.

Frankly, assuring people that everything they made isn't going to abruptly break in the very next ZC version shouldn't be my full-time job.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    Excellent!! Historically this wasn't always the case, and I'm sure the quest authors greatly appreciate it.
    2.50 stability is assuredly, highly praised, and regarded. I remember the fun of 2.10 crashing randomly, if I wanted to view the space-bar-map, or 2.5 betas eating save files. things like that are why I abandoned ZC for a few years, particularly when it seemed as if future dev (then) was going no-where.

Incidentally, this is why I fear things being stagnant, now; as I know people tend to leave when they feel as if nothing new is forthcoming. I certainly did, in 2006/7.

Thread Information