I think a better way to explain my intentions:
Say you set a Trigger(1):
Trigger(1) has any number of assigned Flags and Secret Combos. These can be general (e.g. all Script 98 flags present) or specific (e.g. assign Custom Secret Combo 1 to X/Y coordinate). If all Flags are activated, Trigger(1) activates and initiates all assigned Secret Combos. Trigger(2) can be set with its own unique set of Flags and Secret Combos, and 3, 4, etc.

This is basically how the AoK editor worked, and although I understand it might not even be technically feasible, I think if it were possible, it would enormously reduce reliance on scripting, or even allow more power for scripters, especially if the system were expanded in the future. Examples of more advanced functionality might be: Triggers that can initiate scripts, or be initiated by scripts. A set of global values that can be referenced and manipulated. Triggers that are designated inactive/active by default, and can be activated by another or run in a loop. Flags based on time intervals. Commands that manipulate FFC or NPC behavior- telling them to move to a specific place, cycle to the next combo, cycle to a different FFC, bringing up a text string, or spawning an enemy.

Pie-in-the-sky stuff, I know.

Something maybe more possible: the ability to assign scripts to a screen, in the same way FFC and items already do? Or is this too similar to using an invisible FFC to be useful?