User Tag List

Thread: [RPG] Sword and Sorcery Play-by-Post

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Granberia Response
    Sancireph raises an eyebrow as if to say. "I'm pretty sure she invited all of my friend." Granberia, CECETTE, and Zataka, go exploring find a ruined crab fishing boat with corpses of two hobgoblins and one survivor who mutters something about a sea monster and passes away. I take a blood sample so the vampire can come back and feed. @CJC this has a separate purpose eventually).
    @mrz84
    Action Tennis -FILLED-
    ------
    Thoughts and opinions on the damage of the ship and dead passengers?

Whatever did such horrible damage to the ship is not something we wish to trifle with, let alone encounter. Whatever did this will however pose the biggest threat to our survival from leaving this place.
    I suggest we'd best try to avoid this beast for now.

-----

CECETTE calls us over, telling us she's found something quite alarming while looting about for gear. Me and Zataka look at each other as if to say "She's a dragon and she's scared?"
    We go over and look over the side of the hull.

GM Text Here, what did she find that would alarm even a dragon like herself." -FILLED-

Three giant teeth, shattered, sticking out of the side of the boat. Each is easily as large as a cannon. The boat itself is torn to shreds, just like all of the others. Claw marks adorn the sides of the ship, big enough to imply the hand that made them is as large as a ship itself. A single silver scale, roughly as tall as Cecette, sits in the sand like a flag.
    There are also footprints in the sand. They appear amphibian in nature, as large as a man's, and there are literally hundreds of them.

CECETTE explains she is going to go down and expect the scale and fangs, and try to identify it. I politely ask Zataka to gather another blood sample while I salvage for any non-perishables and useful gear until it's time to head back to he Captain's Cabin and explain I would like to be back before nightfall, annotating at who knows what horrors lurk after dark. I also mention that I would like to talk her outside away from the cabin alone when we return.

GM Text Here," What do I manage to salvage, I can carry quite a bit being a tall and muscular mind you. Also I have decided to not Hi-Jack whatever that scale belongs to and let you decide feel free to include that too. "
    Last edited by Tamamo; 10-09-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    2.16%
    (I'm handing control of KATRIEN to @mrz84 . If Zataka is the stalwart shield, let Katrien be your sword. She's an Aasimar pirate proficient in the scimitar. She's been sailing all of her life, and she's currently working for a rich client on the other side of the sea. She was hired to 'intercept' a shipment so that her client could write it off as an insurance loss.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
    GM Text Here, why did they become pirates?
    "We started as shipping merchants. I was determined to spare the girl her father's fate, so I refused to let her join the navy. But she's a spirited lass. It started innocently enough; sometimes clients would want us to transport cargo without a shipping manifest, particularly if they were moving valuable goods. But that quickly devolved into smuggling. We became a fence for thieves on the coast. Then one day... it was autumn, I think... we found a derelict ship drifting in the water. Katrien saw no harm in scavenging it for supplies. Then she found the map."
    He shakes his head.
    "No, that story's long and painful. Maybe I'll tell you someday."

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
    GM TEXT HERE "what did she find that would alarm even a dragon like herself."
    Three giant teeth, shattered, sticking out of the side of the boat. Each is easily as large as a cannon. The boat itself is torn to shreds, just like all of the others. Claw marks adorn the sides of the ship, big enough to imply the hand that made them is as large as a ship itself. A single silver scale, roughly as tall as Cecette, sits in the sand like a flag.
    There are also footprints in the sand. They appear ampibian in nature, as large as a man's, and there are literally hundreds of them.

Thread Information