==================================================
Rule Clarification:

IMPORTANT: Locked Characters and Retroactive Continuity
Up until this point in the game interaction with a locked character has been difficult because players are not allowed to make assumptions about the character. This severely impacts how much a character can actually act as there is no way to anticipate a reaction.

We're going to fix that.

From this point forward players are allowed to make any assumptions they wish against a locked character.
I know what you're thinking. You're saying "CJC, are you out of your mind?!". No, I'm being perfectly sane.

Each player may make an assumption about any character, including a locked character or the character of another player.
Yes, you read that correctly. Here's the twist:

When someone has the key to a locked character (The GM for all locked characters and the owning player for a player character), they may RETROACTIVELY ALTER the continuity of an action against their character (as long as the NEXT UPDATE has not yet been posted).
In other words, consider the following situation:

Avarr: "I stab you in the gut with my awesome axe blades and shove you off the cliff."
Quilni: "You TRY to stab me in the gut, but I jump onto your axe blade and kick you in the face."
Avarr: "You TRY to kick me in the face, but I flick the axe upward and hurl you into the air, subsequently blasting you with a bolt of electricity."
UPDATE: Avarr tries to stab Quilni with his axe, but Quilni jumps on the axe blade and tries to kick Avarr in the face. She is thrown from the weapon though and blasted with electricity, crashing to the ground.

Because this builds on the rules of action tennis, I'm raising the post per update count to 6.

==================================================

===========================
Setting Elaboration

Dimension: 3 Types of Energy, 3 Elements, Rules of 3

In the reality in which this game takes place there are three fundamental types of energy:
Wood
Metal
Stone

These three energies mix and permeate the entirety of the reality:

Elements:
Fire is generated by Wood energy
Electricity is generated by Metal energy
Freezing is generated by Stone energy

Humanoids:
Elves are imbued with a concentration of Wood energy
Gnomes are imbued with a concentration of Metal energy
Dwarves are imbued with a concentration of Stone energy

Dragonkin:
Dragontrolls are attuned to Wood
Dragonogres are attuned to Metal
Dragongnolls are attuned to Stone

What is perplexing is when these three energies are mixed in equal portions: they cancel each other out, creating a void. The purpose of void energy and its impact on this reality shall remain a mystery for now, but know that Humans lack a concentration of measurable energy in the dimension and are so imbued with the void.

========================================

(Update to follow)