@TheDarkOne
You are correct. If mrz84 does not change the outcome of the action (or does not change the theft of the stone) then you too are entitled to adjusting the consequences (as you have already). I believe Tamamo was confused about who was actually holding the stone which may have led to this situation.

As a heads up to everyone, here's what's actually going on:

There are two Veridian Stones of Audamar, one which is bright green and one which is dark green. These two stones are actually two pieces of the same object: a dragon's pearl. More specifically, they are the light and dark halves of Cecette's dragon pearl, ripped from her generations ago by a team of wizards attempting to deal with the dragon problem. This draconic deconstruction was conducted before the tradition of the twelve schools of magic was formed, which is why Cecette was able to learn magic of many different specializations in her humanoid body and use them in tandem (controlling the warden as she did, as well as warding her study with runes and creating the ogres). Over the years and centuries the peoples involved in the formation of the Stones of Audamar faded into legend and the current denizens are unaware of their purpose.
If the two stones were to make contact, Cecette's original pearl would reform and she would have access to her full power. Gaining possession of one, though, is enough to restore her dragon body. She WILL recover this capacity before the arc ends, though it is up to you the players whether she receives the stone in your care, Evaine's stone, or both. I know which stone is which and I just want to say two of the outcomes are worse than the third.