Hey, it's @Anarchy_Balsac . What's up; you ever manage to get a hold of that quest?

Yeah. What I meant is that I got into a habit of just defaulting to Mr. OOP template wizard, instead of first thinking about the problem and finding the simplest solution. The simplest solution, as it turns out, is not what it seems if you just think in terms of OOP. What happened is that most of the mid level code is more of a pain to use/refactor than it should be. Instead of making some data reusable it should just be made usable instead. It took me about 5 years to figure it out but I'm getting on to you c++.

Anyway, got it compiled again today. Placeholders are being removed one by one and new things are getting done again. Put in a screenshot function today, and messed with fonts a bit, particularly generating shadowed foonts.

Caption: "It's not upside down!!"

2 things:
1) I'm not digging that resolution [480x280], it looks to tight in the Y direction--not enough tiles--although it is 16:9 aspect, but, the battle backgrounds height are only 312.
2) Can't get fonts to how I want them. I may just put new font stuff on hold until I have an artist helping.