Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
I sure hope all of these talented dev haxxors decide to help develop for ZC when it's open source.
Quote Originally Posted by Mero View Post
Just to let everyone know ZC is approaching Open Source just a few minor issues to hash out and we're done. Also using a password by pass build is dumb. Report the quest bug and if that doesn't work find a new quest to play cause the quest maker is either long gone or is a jerk. It's not your responsibility to fix another quest authors bugs. It's theirs.
I do recall reading somewhere that it was planned to release Zelda Classic as open source with some minor changes, but that was a while back and I hadn't seen any recent updates on that so I kind of assumed that this idea had been scrapped haha. Good to know that it's still in the works. There are a number of things that I'd love to contribute to Zelda Classic if given the opportunity so I'm looking forward to it. n_n

Yeah, perhaps it is dumb to have modified ZQuest to bypass the password hash comparison, but I personally find it to be useful and it was fun so, meh. As for bugs, of course I'd report them, but there's no real reason to simply drop a quest due to a bug that could be fixed if one has the ability to do so. It's not like I'd be distributing unofficial updates to quests or anything haha.