Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Well, as Cooler shows, Frieza's people were capable of at least five forms. The issue I have is that this fifth form looks drastically different than what Cooler displayed as his fifth form. Frieza's people tend to look roughly identical when occupying the same form; King Cold resembling Frieza's second, Cooler resembling Frieza's fourth until he transforms beyond it. This fifth form more resembles a Super Sayian transformation in that certain aspects turn gold and the transformer gains a massive boost in power, but the body itself remains roughly the same.
Cooler isn't part of the original canon though. He falls into the same group as Broly, Bojack, and most other characters from the movies and GT, so there's no reason for Frieza to take on a form with any resemblance to Cooler's fifth form.
I do feel that Akira Toriyama could have done something a little more creative with Frieza's new form, but Super Saiyan God isn't all that drastic of a change either so it's not a big deal haha.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this movie. Some have stated that it's stupid for Frieza to have been able to gain enough power to go up against the others simply because he hadn't ever trained before, but as far as I can tell, Frieza will be training while Goku and Vegeta are off training as well (although Frieza may finish his training and travel to Earth before Goku and Vegeta return) so it's not like he only spends a week training or something; it would seem that he at least spends some considerable amount of time training before any confrontation takes place. I'll admit that it's still a little silly, but the idea of Frieza being resurrected and surviving despite having been slashed to bits by Trunks is even sillier.