@mrz84
Zataka, inspecting the painting you notice that it is a landscape interpretation of the very ship you are currently occupying. As you look closely, a door on the painting seems out of place. Running your finger down the canvas you find a key has been painted into position and you tear it free. You put the key in the lock and turn it.
Making your way to the DECK, you see a cabin door which subsequently shakes as if struck by a heavy object. You can hear voices inside.
What do you do?

============

@bigjoe
Jerias, as you follow the young man into the lobby he turns on his heel. Flailing his hands, he animates the CURTAINS and ensnares you. You burn them and stab him with your spear, striking him in the shin. He screams, flailing as the fire-wreathed fabric dances across the lobby. Frantically forming a ball of light in his hands the stuck wizard tries to fling it at you, but you grab him and redirect his blast downward, opening a gaping hole in the floor. You see a WINE CELLAR below and, more importantly, below that is a SEA OF GOLD.
What do you do?

============

@TheDarkOne
Sancireph, the hedge wizard glares at you.
"Put that away. I told you he's redefining how we think about magic. Clearly he found a workaround."
As his eyes lock on yours, his right eye flashes orange, the pupil contracting into an... obelus? Division sign eyes, weird. Within a moment it reverts to a milky blue.
"Honestly yes, dragonslaying is a risk and you are expendable. But I wouldn't just fling you into a conflict you don't believe in. That's what gold is for, and clearly you can't be bought."
You swipe your sword at him but he catches it with his right hand. Or rather his right claw.
"But if I can't bribe you into helping me, perhaps I can scare you. This is dragon corruption, and this is just the tip of the iceberg."
He flings you against the cabin door.
What do you do?

============

@Xyvol
Malichor, you don't see any evidence of a struggle, but you do see scuffs on her clothes. She's been dragged here. Checking her eyes you find that she is responding correctly to light; she doesn't appear to have a concussion. Assuming she is a prisoner of the soldier, you leave her constrained. As you head for the cask, a TERRIBLE ORB OF LIGHT blasts through the ceiling and--subsequently--the floor. Looking up, you see a LIZARDMAN glaring down the hole. Looking down, you see a glorious OCEAN OF GOLD.
What do you do?

============

@SUCCESSOR
Reven, a TERRIBLE ORB OF LIGHT blasts through the ceiling of the grand room you now occupy, crashing into the gold with a splash.
What do you do?