What can I say? I agree with most of the above comments. This is a very good map in almost every respect. A good amount of challenge, nice puzzles and layout, nothing overdone.
One thing I really liked about this quest is that it did something that I would have done if I made a quest, and that was make the decisions for the "free" heart containers real decisions. Normally, choosing between a heart container and a red potion is an easy choice- why would anyone ever choose the potion, except to add to the challenge?
There are a total of 3 problems that I noted in the map. In order of increasing severity:
1) In the overworld, on the 2nd row down, 15th screen right (one south of the letter in 1st quest), the lens revealed a cave, but I couldn't get to it. Unlike the other hidden paths, I couldn't walk this one. Unfortunately, I am not versed enough in the quest editor to determine what the problem was (I don't know how the flags and such work)

2) In dungeon 7, I couldn't find the way into the the room which the editor shows has the red ring. Again, even using the editor to check, I couldn't find the way in (no warps to that screen, so paths leading in- there is a shutter door blocking the only connection to the main dungeon, and it didn't open when I cleared the room while playing) Since noone else commented on this, I think I
may have missed something obvious, but I couldn't find it.

3) And this is what many others have said- it really added too much stuff to be a good "5th quest." Just looking at the new items, there are powered-up versions of 5 standard items, and 4 new items. Multiple entrances per dungeon.Powered up versions (multiple levels) of most creatures. at least 7 or 8 new dungeon features. Probably a bunch more categories that I missed here. I could have seen introducing a few of these in each of a 5th, 6th, and 7th quest, but all at once is too much of a jump. As stated by others before me, this would be a great starting point for a new sequence of quests.

That last point is the only real negative I can give this quest- and that is only because of the contest requirements! This quest earns an overall 4.07 / 5 from me, easily putting it as the best of the 8 contest quests I've played, but I cannot recommend it for the actual 5th quest.

So, CJC, you did too good with this.