My first internet memories were walking to the library to participate in a sort of online writing forum type thing. This was before I had a computer. I enjoyed the little walk to get there, gave me something to do.

Then I actually got my first computer. It was a total POS. Somehow I managed to set up free-internet and get online. free-internet had chat rooms where I would go by the name Bob and chat with uh, interesting people.

I was introduced to sluggy.com or Sluggy Freelance, the first internet comic strip I'd read. What fun that was. It updated every day.

After awhile, it became all about the games. The simple, late 90s, early 2000s games that you could download on a 56k modem. Roms and stuff. Back in the day the simple Rom sites with only the popular games were the shit (plasticman's rom site is one I remember)

Then there was Zelda Classic. Found a link with a download on some old freeware site, which linked to whatever old site AGN was using at the time. Ended up here,where I would spend a considerably large portion of my life being retarded. I imagine I became less retarded at some point. Or at least I hope.

This place served as a sort of hub from which I would explore all sorts of other things. Mandrag Ganon's site led me to a game called Graal Online, which was a LTTP clone type thing with online play.Met some cool people there. One in particular.

Unlike most other sites I visit, I still choose to type the link to this site out manually when visiting. It's a sort of habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
I miss the days of creating fan sites for video games, particularly Mega Man and Final Fantasy. You rarely see the crappy point and click fan sites anymore. Those were so much fun.
I miss old school Final Fantasy sites too. Had a lot of fun with those. Especially during my library trips. There was one in particular that I think was on Geocities that had a list of all the FF games on the side with all sorts of details about each. It was neat.