Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.13%
    Updated 1/13/2013

Apologize for the multiple posts, but I want these thoughts separate. Sue me for warning points. :)

Separate post, but I think it warrants it:

I want to post my thoughts in general on each of the quests I played (generally in order of how I feel they stack up), how they stack against each other:

BigJoe: Balances NES authenticity with enemies the best; however, your quest difficulty is a huge concern.
    MischaPetya: Later levels not so great, but still, second best on the list.
    Chris Miller: If you'd only be less stubborn and fix your enemy groups you'd be top tier. Enjoyable to the end.
    Me: Well, played a lot, enjoyed, and least ROMhackish. Has to go for something.
    HoF: Solid, maybe not my personal favorite, but technically sound.
    LFF: Most balanced quest out of the bunch, though the Darknuts and others seem slightly ROMhackish. EEEEEE-VIL Magic Key secret.
    Imzogelmo: Fun, a lot of fun, but broke too many rules.
    Nethis: Good authenticity, nothing else.
    CJC: Best boss fight, but your quest has too many rules that were broken to be considered.
    DCSyxx: Maybe the most accurate quest, but way too easy to be considered even closely.
    Travster. Nice quest, but way too easy too. Doesn't deserve consideration.
    BTJCraft: Won't comment. Serious issues.
    ZCFan: Didn't get far, but really hated the extra maze path and sword obtaining in the beginning. I'll let someone else take a pass.
    QuestWizard: Your Lv. 2 is ridiculous. Tone it down, unless Gleeok can pass it.
    Sylph: You got bugs, fix 'em.
    Shoelace: DQ issues. I will try your quest out when you fix it in the RC and I get more time. Enjoyable for what I played.
    Scootoloo: DQ issues due to tileset. Generally did not like it as well. Stopped playing like right away.
    PeteAndWally: Why did you do that with your Overworld?

Now, for the seven I think should advance:
    BigJoe: Awesome for the accuracy.
    MischaPetya: All the credit to you, especially being like a first-time questmaker. To beat all the vets IMO is impressive.
    Chris_Miller: Titan's Quest was awesome, enjoyed yours too, even if I had to yell at you to tone it up. :)
    Me: Hits, less of a ROMhack, this contest needs some creativity. Definitely a consideration.
    HoF: Technically sound. Not my favorite, but good for technical stuff.
    LFF: Last spot is hard to fill as usual, but you break the least amount of rules. Depending on how everyone else thinks, I hope you advance. Your difficulty was the best out of everyone.
    Imzogelmo: I know this is a stretch, but I'd like to see some creativity makes the cut, and this one does the best job. I loved your quest: Lots of fun.

Oh and by the way, fuck you Hero Mode in "Link Between Worlds", lol.

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-13-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.5%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

I want to post my thoughts in general on each of the quests I played (generally in order of how I feel they stack up), how they stack against each other:

BigJoe: Balances NES authenticity with enemies the best; however, your quest difficulty is a huge concern.
    MischaPetya: Later levels not so great, but still, second best on the list.
    Chris Miller: If you'd only be less stubborn and fix your enemy groups you'd be top tier. Enjoyable to the end.
    Me: Well, played a lot, enjoyed, and least ROMhackish. Has to go for something.
    HoF: Solid, maybe not my personal favorite, but technically sound.
    LFF: Most balanced quest out of the bunch, though the Darknuts and others seem slightly ROMhackish. EEEEEE-VIL Magic Key secret.
    Just wanted to chime in and say that I pretty much agree with the order and identities of your top 6. I might be inclined to switch MischaPetya and Chris Miller, but that's a close call. I've played all 6 (plus about half of the others) and have posted reviews in each quest's thread.

Thread Information